EG112C review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112C

Purchased from: Costco

It gives very good distortion and sounds similar to an acoustic when it's set on clean. I like playing rock music that has a number of guitar sounds in it. Distorted and clean, and this guitar definitely matches that style. The amp I have is a GA-10, and it's only 10 pounds. It produces great sound, and you can travel with it anywhere. You can make the bass higher or the treble higher, it doesn't matter. The volume range is 1-10. The tremolo bar sounds great with the guitar. Palm muting chords sound awesome with songs such as "Time Warp". The 5-way selector lets you choose on how sharp the sound is. putting it all the way to the right is the best, the middle is ok too, and putting it all the way to the left makes it sound bassey, so it makes it a little louder. If you turn the treble and bass all the way up and the volume almost all the way down on the amp and turn the volume up on the guitar, it sounds awesome.

I usually lov playing rock or soft rock, and yes this guirar best matches it big time! I've been playing guitar for 5 years now. I have a Fender acoustic and my EG-112 electric. I also own a yahmaha keyboard. I wanted to ask what brand of strings they were because I'm very picky about the sound of my strings. If it was stolen I would buy another one. I love the weight of it. It's not too heavy to lift. I find it easier on my hands than with acoustics, even though I love acoustics. I don't like the fact that when I play power chords such as A5 or higher, my right hand starts bending and sometimes it can be painful. I wish the neck was a little thinner. My favourite features would be the sound and the tremolo bar most definitely. Well my EG-112 was a christmas gift from my parents about 4 years ago. I wish it came with one of pedals that make the guitar sound twangy.

Yes it will withstand liveplaying. It can play on bigger amps. The bigger the amp, the more powerful the sound. So far my EG-112 has lasted 3 years and still has a lot of lives in it. The wood is very hard and the sound is good. As long as you take proper care of it, it should be ok. The strap buttons hold pretty good, just be careful about moving around too much. I would use it at gigs with a backup band, because it sounds better that way with all the instruments blending in. The finish is strong enough.

I think the guitar was made very good, although I think I find the neck a little too fat and sometimes when I play powerchords my hand starts to hurt. The top pickups are in pretty darn tight, but the bottom ones I find a little loose. The bookmatched top and the bridge are in pretty well. At the back there's a little piece of wood chipped off, but it's still fine. But it's still in good hands. Nothing looks wrong with it otherwise.

This electric guitar was made in Indonesia, and it has 22 frets. The neck is rosewood and dark all the way down. The back of the neck is a tanned colour just like the head. The body of the guitar is made out of very hard wood. The controls given are volume, tone, and there are 2 humbucker pickups. Mine came with a whole set: a small amp, a case, a strap, and some tools, and picks. There is also a 5 way selector, and a tremolo bar.

RNRSoldier
    I got one of these for my first electric. It really did hold up well for the whole time I played it. Of course, now it doesn't hold a candle to my Mustang =P
    Gabriel IV
    i have the EG-112C,i bought it for $250.00 6months ago and it pays off. this is my fist guitar and i'm a beginner.
    Mister_noodle
    I have one of those, It sucks, strings keep snaping I've repaired it myself like three times, It's jack quit, it's picups broke, its working fine now, but I'm getting a new one soon
    Darkdevil725
    I own this guitar and I love it, there is a bit of fret buzz on the 5th fret but its not that bad. Also does anyone know the size of the strings this guitar comes equipped with.