EG112C review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Yamaha: EG112C

Price paid: € 250

Because of the three pickups at different positions this guitar is usable at every music genre. The pickups are of middle quality and easy adjustable. I'm using the GA-15 Combo amp from Yamaha (good soundquality and massive power at 10") and the DigiTech RP80 which is perfect for beginners and has a low price. The sound quality from the pickups isn't the best and sounds too "soft" for metal. But for good rock or blues it is usable (also stylistic).

I love metal but everyone must admit: That's not a metal guitar an never sounds so fat like one. I only learned to play on this guitar, that's all. But if you play mor serious please buy something professionell. If you play metal like me you should by a guitar from ESP for eg. The tremolo system suuucks! And also this extremely thick neck. It's only usefull if you want to learn to play cleaner.

My personal opinion: I would never give a gig with such a guitar:D But the hardware is solid and great, so it's a good guitar to begin playing, because the thick neck you must play very clean. The including combo amp is also a great thing. Great distortion and clean sound. Three band EQ and change over Switch for distortion or clean sound.

The guitar is in a classical style and easy to handle, but you should adjust the tremolo system and the pickups before playing. Alltogether it is a fine quality guitar for beginners. But beginners will have problems to change they're strings because if you use other strings or other tunings you must adjust your brigde from new. Please buy harder bounces and pull them as hard as possible.

This guitar is a perfect instrument for beginners. It includes an great 10 W amp and a good gig bag and useless picks. It is nothing special but great for beginners. The guitar is build in the classical Strat style from Fender, black body, white finish. The Yamaha EG 112C impressed with it's three pick-ups and an high quality rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. The guitar have seperatet controles for tone and volume and also for the pick-ups (5 variations). The volume controle stands in the way, especialy at palm-muting and the neck is very thick, not very helpful at fast solos. The tremolo-system isn't usable because all strings are going out of tuning, but the chrome hardware is from the finest.

drmcclainphd
    I buy them cheap and fix them up. I got this for $80 "used" (actually new, but the store couldn't get it to tune up right). I noticed the tuning keys had been moved -- they had been farther 'north' I checked the set up and it seemed OK, but when I tuned it the top 2 strings got muffled. With that and the keys to go by, I checked the nut. It was backwards with the widest notch the the high E. Someone had tried to convert a left hander to a right but forgot about the nut. A couple hours with a few tools and I'd fit a new nut, done a fret job and tuned it up with some D'Adarrio Pro-Steel ultra-lights. It's now my pick over my Johnson Tele-copy. The nut I used was from a Squire/Fender cheap hollow body student guitar. It was set a bit wider than the original. The original was set to Strat proportions which are a bit small for my finger. With the ends shaved down, this replacement works better for me than the original. I use it for pretty much everything now, except I still like the bowed bridge on the Tele for slide and a like the neck-to neck bridge lipstick style pickup region for making Satriani-like noises (this one's right up next to the neck). I'll by another of these if I find one. My next project will be to fit a single-coil over the neck pick up for an over-under. My one complaint (fixable with a thread cutter) id that the
    drmcclainphd
    (sorry, posted too soon)... is that the tremlo bar doesn't have much range if it's tightened up, or if it's loose enough to have some range, it tends to flop around. Still, this, like everything else, can be fixed right. If it sucks, fix it. If it still sucks, learn to fix it right. If it still sucks after that, get rid of it, and get something you can fix. And don't give me that 'doesn't need it' garbage. Nothing is perfect, or it wouldn't be adjustable.
    JohnnyApplecore
    Mister_noodle wrote: I have one of those, It sucks, strings keep snaping I've repaired it myself like three times, It's jack quit, it's picups broke, its working fine now, but I'm getting a new one soon
    The guitar doesn't suck at all. You need to file the tuning heads a little (I had the same problem when I started, someone helped me repair it, never had the problem again).
    Emmanuel200
    I think this a great guitar. My friend recently gave me his because I needed a guitar to carry around between my drummer's house and home. I didn't want anything to happen to my precious, beautifully finished LP. I didn't mind switching to this one. A few minor repairs and thats it.. But this is a pretty solid guitar.