EG112C review by Yamaha

Yamaha: EG112C

Price paid: A$ 320

Purchased from: Costco

2 single coil pickups, one hum bucking pickup, 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, maple neck, fenders sauce body, vintage vibrato system, 1 volume and 1 tone master control knob, 5 position pickup switch. It is a great guitar that is pretty good for the money you pay. It is great to start it with and it is really loud. It is perfect for playing rock and it is a pretty good deal. Although you have to find the right store. Comes with a Yamaha GA-10 amplifier, gig bag, strap, tremolo arm. Average price of $150.

It has a great sound for rock. It has a humbucking pickup so that is I don't use any effects except for the overdrive on the amp. It's noisy when you use the overdrive but I'm fine with that. I'm guessing that it would be good for metal and jazz because it has a nice clean sound. The only problem is that the low e string has a buzz to it but I'm guessing that it's just me. It's got a full sound and it's sounds really good when I play it clean but overdrive is the best thing that electric guitars ever had, especially on this guitar.

The action was pretty high when I got it but it wasn't that hard to lower. The pickups were adjusted really well but I still changed them to suit my style. It didn't have any flaws and it still doesn't. It's made out of basswood and has a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It only has one tone control knob for the humbucking pickup but it's good enough. It also has one master volume control knob. It came with a vintage vibrato system which is pretty good and the neck didn't even have to be altered. It came in nearly perfect condition and I don't regret buying it.

This guitar should withstand live playing and the hardware should last a while. The strap buttons are solid. I have to use it on a gig without a backup but if I could I would use it as a backup. It's only a beginners guitar but it seems pretty reliable. I'll have to test that out but none of the parts have broken when I took it apart so that's good enough for me. It should have a better nut but what do you expect from a budget guitar. The finish should last for ages but if it wears off it would still look pretty cool. The hardware was made really well but I still might switch it with something else.

I play rock so it's very good for my style of music. I've only been playing a year but I'm learning quickly. I don't own any other electric guitars but I do own a Yamaha GA-10 amplifier. I wish I had asked for a Fender American Standard Stratocaster cause that's an amazing guitar but the EG112C is good enough for me. If it was stolen I probably would buy another one cause it's pretty good for a cheap price. My favourite feature is probably the vintage vibrato system which came with it. I don't hate anything about it except that it isn't a Fender or a Gibson. I didn't compare it to anything.

princessstardus
    I really adore this guitar. i have two Schecters, one which is a very nice Hellraiser, a Fender, Ibanez, sold the PRS and i have to say, this lil' Yamaha is now my goto guitar. lol the guitar beckons me to play it. the rosewood is warm and my fingers desire to touch it. it is a hardy lil' creature, i've now even taken it to gigs, and never unpacked my Schecter. frankly, im surprise but very happy with this guitar. i bought it for another purpose with my band, but once i played it, there was no turning back, it was staying with me. the slender neck works for my hands, we play a huge variety of music and this guitar handles all of it. price; i paid next to nothing for it, no matter. i paid good dollars for the PRS and it's history. lol everything works on the guitar and it stays in tune. i drag the thing with me everywhere now. im actually considering looking for another and im curious to see if they all play this well, or what i just lucky. lol... from the reviews im seeing, they all play this comfy, and are just good okay guitars. be perfect for a beginner. good solid straight forward comfy decent action playing guitars. now i want another.