EG112GPBL review by Yamaha

Purchased from: Yamaha Canada Ltd

This is the best guitar to get for this price - it's better than the Fender Squier. The guitar has allright distortion, the pick-ups work well, the sound is awesome. The suits well with any music I play which is usually pop-rock, pop-punk, hard rock, alternative rock etc. As for he amp-it's acceptable-but it's not the best amp. Again-it's better than the little 10 watt Squier amp. Everything just sounds decent and nice.

I love that this guitar kit was only 299.99 canadian - and it works better than a lot of guitars at that same price. The guy from Yamaha said that it's actually better than some models that are more expensive. I'm on a pretty low budget, so I was looking for a guitar kit at around this price range - after looking around at a lot of models I decided this was the best model to go with. It's the perfect guitar for beginners. If it were stolen or lost I'd f--kin' run to get another.

This is a awesome guitar to play in your room to improve and practice, but I don't really think it's the guitar to be playing at a gig-probably because of the 10 watt amp. I think if you changed the amp (don't get me wrong, nothing is really wrong with the amp), you can play it live. It's really durable I think if I stepped and jumped on the amp, or tripped over it, nothing will happen to it. Everything seems pretty durable.

Everything came in a nice little box there were no flaws, nothing was damaged, everything worked well. Well, I picked up the guitar at the Yamaha Canada's shipping and receiving place-usually, you're not supposed to pick items up over there-this model is only supposed to be sold at retail stores like costco and sam's club in toronto. But, the supervisor was nice enough to let me buy it there after I e-mailed him a couple of times. The people over there handled the guitar pack carefully, so everything was what it was supposed to be.

- Made in indonesia - 22 frets - Maple neck - Agathis body - Master volume - Master tone - 5-way pickup selector - 2 single coils - 1 humbucker - came with a case, gig bag, strap, cable, extra pack of strings, GA-10 amp, YT-120 tuner, string winder, and 3 picks.