ERG121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: ERG121

I play lots of rock and punk and the bridge humbucker's sound is very full and rich. The single coil's good for funk as its springy and the bridge humbucker sounds mellow. This is one versatile guitar so don't be fooled by its exterior. I play it on a Yamaha 8 watter (it sux i know) with only a clean/drive toggle, Treble,Bass,Volume knobs but i still can achieve a wide range of sounds using the pickup selector and volume and tone knobs if you have a better amp than mine, this is one guitar that produces many sounds.

I have played this guitar for around two years and it is very well-built except for a few dents which I caused on the sides of the guitar. if it was lost I probably would get another one cos' this axe is more of a beginner's guitar. I love the pickups the most but tremolo gets out of tune sometimes. I have no problem with that as I'm no Eddie Van Halen wannabe. I kinda wished it had a Floyd Rose and a 24 Fret neck but its a great beginner's guitar and i could have those fitted at any guitar shop.

Of course this guitar would withstand live playing as it is solidly build. The hardware seems fine after 2 years but the strap may slip ocassionally. I would probably not dare to use it without a backup.

The pickups were fitted a little too low but all it takes was a little adjustment. The pickup selector wasn't smooth but overall its fine.

Made In Indonesia (don't be put off by this one) 22 Frets 5-way blade selector 1 volume pot, 1 tone pot HSH Pickups passive electronics Maple neck Vintage Trem Black Finish

relayer1
    I love Yamaha guitars. Especially their acoustics, but their electrics are great for their cost, too. Take this, for example. I sold my crappy Squire Affinity and just bought one of these, and I like it way better. I don't know why people buy Fender Squires. I see a thousand of them a week donated to goodwill.com and selling for practically nothing. This isn't quite as good as a Pac112J, but very close. It actually has really good clean tones for a $200 guitar.