ERG121 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Yamaha: ERG121

Purchased from: Argos

The sound on this guitar is quite good for what I play, which is mainly rock and metal. I am now using a SoundTonic 25 Watt amp, and the sound that I get out is it is great (well, for me anyway), it did origonal come with a Yamaha 10Watt amp, but I got a bit bored of that one, as it only had a volume, bass and middle control, as well as an Overdrive Button, which I have to say gave a very good vibe to the guitar! The guitar in general can be loud, but you have to pump it up on the guitar and the amp quite a bit!

I play mostly rock & metal as I said, and I think that this guitar is quite suited for this. I have been playing for about 1 year and a half, I own a SoundTonic 20 Watt amp, and a 5 Meter lead for it (if I was you, I wouldn't keep with the lead that they give you with the package that I got, it just isn't long enough and doesn't give out the best of sounds.) If this guitar was to be stolen or lost, then I should think that I would get a different one ot this.

I should think that the guitar would last through a Live performance, but wouldn't use it if I didn't have a back-up! (But then I wouldn't on any guitar really.) The strap buttons are quite solid, but you do have to titen them up every now and then, as you do on most guitars. The finish on mine is just as good as it was when I got it, it hasn't worn out or anything.

The guitar was very well fitted, but until I fell off of my bike and made a bit of a dent under the controls (which I was quite upset about it as I only had it for about a month!) After about 5-6 months, the tone control became loose, and so its a bit hard to work out what number I'm on alot of the time on the tone! I have been playing the guitar for about 1 year and a half, and it is a bit rusty near the bottom of the guitar!

This Yamaha has 22 frets. Complete solid wood. Maple finish on the neck. 1 Volume control and 1 Tone control, And 5 pick-ups.