ERG121 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Yamaha: ERG121

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play basically every type of music, mainly rock type stuff. It's a cheap guitar, but good for beginners. When on clean, it sounds kinda flat and plain, especially with the amp it came with. When distortion is on, it has tons of distortion and is pretty good for punk or metal. It has a lot of feedback when the selector is set in the middle, or if the guitar is tunred up a lot. It's a pretty plain guitar, but as I said, very good for people who just started playing and don't want to spend much money on gear when you just start out.

I try to play every type of music, mostly rock, any type of rock. It's got a decent overdrive sound but not a very good clean sound. I've been playing for two years now, this was my first guitar. If it were lost or stolen I would definantly look for it, but I would get a new one anyway. It's a great beginners guitar, but not good enough for intermediate players I guess. I was thinking of getting a new guitar soon anyway.

This guitar is not for gig playing. It's for playing in your room or practicing on. I would never take it to a gig, even though I don't play gigs. I've had it for almost two years now, since I started playing. The neck and body don't seem like they will last much longer, but everything else seem fine. I've dropped it a few times and it still plays fine. I've already said it has dents and scratches all over the place but that's fine, no big deal for a cheap guitar. The finish doesn't wear off or anything though. The strap buttons are great. I haven't had any problems with them at all. It's a beginners guitar so it's not meant to last 100000 years.

Again, a cheap guitar, cheap wood, and everything else. Everything was put on pretty well, nothing breaks anything. The body gets scratched quite a bit, but that's ok. It has a few dents in it but it stil works pretty well. The tuning pegs work great, they never detune the guitar or anything, and they're stable. It gets fingerprints all over the place, and it gets dusty. You can tell when it's dirty.

I'm not sure when this guitar was made, but I know it wasn't too long ago. It has 22 thin frets so the action is pretty good, it's a Strat copy so this guitar is solid. It has a bolt-on maple neck, it's kind of a cheap neck though, it feels like I could snap it off really easily. The Strat-style body feels like plastic or something, and I don't know what it's made out of. But it scratches very easily and can get dents in it. It has a vlume knob, and a tone knob. A 5-way selector and since I bought it in a box set, it comes with a 10 watt amp, wammy bar, a good tuner, extra strings, picks, a weak cable, and a simple bag.