ERG121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: ERG121

Purchased from: Thomsun Dubai

I prefer playing mainly rock music and this guitar suits my taste. I got a Dean Markley 40 watts amp (cheap amp in my opinion) and Zoom G2.1u guitar pedal for my guitars. The sound of this guitar is awesome maybe because of my effects. The bridge humbucks is great when in distortion and fretboard humbuckers are for clean tone, single coil is good too. The guitar does have this buzzing sounds but its ok maybe because of my amp. There are many varieties sounds you can make with this guitar.

I've playing for 3 years. I got two guitars one cheap guitar and this ERG 121 (also a cheap guitar). I have no regret when I bought this guitar because I really like it but if it were stolen or lost, I might buy a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE model (my dream guitar of course hehe). Well I wished this just had a more stable pickup selector anything than that is great for this guitar.

Well for sure it will withstand playing No Doubt bout it and for sure it will surive the "abuse" while playing it in a gig hahaha. Yes the hardware will last but not forever, just dont drop it. The strap buttons are solid enough. I can depend on this guitar but I'll bring a backup for sure (who doesn't need a backup anyway).

Well action is good, fit is not that bad and finish is ok too. The pickups are well adjusted in my opinion. My only big problem with this guitar is the selector Switch because it creates unwanted sounds when switching pickups and it does tend to loose also. This guitar also gets dirt easily and you just have to clean it everytime you use it.

I don't know what year the guitar is made but it's made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets, nice body finish. It's a Strat body style H/S/H passive pickups. Nice bridge with tremolo, 1 volume and 1 tone control, 5 way-switch blade selector. It's a non-locking tuner but it's stable.

I.Rock3
    how come the rating is so low? this guitar is way better than Pacificas (sorry Pacifica owners its just my opinion...)
    ZpYkNiW
    Spit it out wrote: I've been playing the guitar for... atleast 5 months now, and this is the guitar i got (only 140)its a great beginers guitar but the amp does have its problems like the buzzing if yuor not playing the guitar, yeah this guitar is great for metal or punk, awesome beginers guitar!
    Chanhe the amp and ypu will have a better sound
    Katrinioso
    I've had mine for a few years... I hated the amp it came with, I bought a new one and it sounds much better. The selector has progressively gotten in worse shape, I have to mess around with it for a little bit to get a full tone. I play mostly rock and it has suited me well for the most part. Good for beginners.
    Gnomestar
    i found the guitar pretty good the amps not great but when you use a decent amp you can get some nice sounds out of it! bloody durable too, not a scratch just some holes in my wall where the 2 have met!
    teo_huat
    everyone seemed to complain bout the pickup selector.. im having the same problem as well. the pickup selector was this guitar biggest flaw.
    FatMatt420
    going with glue mans review here. i do feel the neck is very cheap because i've already got a crack in the body right under the 21st fret, but that could just be because i got it from my cousin and he played live with it. scratches really easy yes.. and i've got thousands of dents. but all in all its a great guitar and has served me well.
    _-Joey-_
    hey, i've been thinking about getting this guitar, 'cause i play bass, but i wanna learn guitar too. i read the review & thought that it would be fairly crap,but i've read the comments & it sounds pretty good now, i just have to be careful with it! thanks everyone for reviewing & commenting on this guitar!!
    i(ncubus)play
    Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this piece of shit? I took it apart to paint it (came out great) but I lost my wiring diagram
    d_lord1
    I have this guitar and to be honest its pretty crap, the tremolo system only goes one way (I'm pretty sure most tremolos should go up as well as down), it breaks easily - just this morning the socket where i put my lead in fell out and its just generally not good quality. If anyone is thinking of getting one, dont, save up for something better or just get a squier they are about the same price but better.
    gooey moo
    I have this guitar and i play it through a peavey rage 158 amp and it sounds good. My m8 has a stagg strat copy nd this guitar beats the stagg by a mile!