ERG121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: ERG121

Purchased from: Argos

I play anything, mostly rock and a bit of metal, it suits these styles perfectly not a blues or jazz guitar tho. Just stick to rock, metal or punk. I'm using it with A Marshall MG100HDFX and a Jimi Hendrix Wah Pedal. It's not noisy at all! I give it and 8 for sound if your playing rock and metal!

Like I said this is perfect for beginner/intermediate guitarists. I also own a Jackson RR3 and a starsound for school. It's obviously not as good as the Jackson but a million times better than most other guitars I've played. If it were stolen I would try find the stupid guy Who stole it and save up for a Yamaha Pacifica 112 or a Jackson JS30 if I couldn't. I love the neck on this guitar I just wish the body was alder (or something better) and it had better pickups.

I've played two gigs with it and it's great live! Although I would definately get strap Locks as the strap buttons are small and there's nout more embarrissing than your guitar falling of it's strap! The hardware is great and I know I can count on it while playing live, I play without a backup. The finish has worn down above the bridge where I rest my hand and it's scratched everywhere!

Action was perfect when I got it. No fret buzz and I've been playin it for 3 years. Intonation is fine. The pickups where fine when I got them but it's had a few smashes (doors etc) so the neck humbuckers wonky for some reason. The bridge is leaning a tiny bit forward. It wasn't like that when I got it (again my fault). I haven't noticed any flaws at all exept for one of the control knobs keep falling off But I changed them for something else so that probably why! Tell a lie the input jack snapped and the washer keeps going loose. Not a big deal, fixed in ten minutes.

I'm Guessing it was made in China or Korea or somewhere, Dunno when. It has 22 frets on a bolt on maple neck and a Sonokeling 350mm radius fingerboard which I think plays amazing compared to a lot of other entry level guitars and even proffesional guitars! An agathis body which dents a bit to easily but what do you expect from a 89 quid guitar. The Finish is black satin, it scratches easily. It's got a double cutaway body like the pacifas giving you easy acces to the frets and a Vintage vibrato which is fine for doing the metal divebombs. No Dimebag Squealling here tho, it's got passive electronics and two humbuckers and a single coil. Came in a pack with a book, 10 watt amp, case, lead.

Baasoromyuu
    I've had mine since July, it's not too bad of a guitar, just need an amp better than the GA-10.
    zeoaz
    i have a Yamaha RGX-121-D and it's like this one i'm agree with you that the guitar it's more for beginers and i think this guitar can be used by any guitar playar for the price the saoud it's veter than any cheap guitar in my impression the best, and it's very light so it's very comfortable the RGX-121-D for me it's one of the best medium guitars and if yu use a good amp it's sound great... i love this guitar mine have almost 3 years and i fix it only once.... i jus love it