ERG121 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Yamaha: ERG121

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: XMusic Dublin , Ireland

Although the quality is poor the sound is pretty awesome I use the guitar through a very good quality cable with an Line 6 Spider IV 15 v amp and when it comes to Metal this guitar is simply great, the guitar sounds great on overdrive and the clean channel sounds good, not great or bad it's good.

Great for beginners Who like rock metal punk etc. Not the best quality but it will do for the price ;)overall an average beginner guitar that will help you learn for no longer than 1 year ;) So when it comes to buying a beginner guitar I'll choose Epiphone Les Paul Special 2

This guitar will last for maximum 1 year with me it's only a beginner guitar so don't think other Yamaha guitars are as badly made as this one I recommend Pacifica series spend 400 and get a bad ass pacifica they are quite good quality or just get and Epiphone the best guitar make for the price in the world. I'll never use it in a gig even as a backup.

The guitar is terrible when it comes to quality the materials are cheap and poor quality, the guitar gets out of tune in no longer then 20 minutes thanks to the terrible tremolo bridge and everything is very badly adjusted. Don't let that look fool you it's a cheap guitar which looks nice but when it comes what it should do which is playing some music it's at the very bottom of the list.

This guitar has a 22 fret maple neck. The body is made from wood but it is very poor quality wood looks and feels almost like plastic :(. I got it in Ebony with golden bridge and tuners. The bridge is very very basic it doesn't let your guitar stay tuned for 10 minutes of playing when using a little bit of tremolo bar. There is an 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob which are terribly connected to the body. The pickups are also poorly connected to the body just touch them and they will come out the other side of the guitar :D It also comes with a gig bag at least my one did.

Explorer939
    I have this guitar,nd it's just awesome! Its looks are cool, with a black finish.the neck doesn't feel very nice.Perfect for metal nd punk.my first guitar too..roentjeu16 is right, the amp that comes with this sucks! I love the sound of this guitar on a Marshall stack,u get a lot of distortion.
    pablo roberto
    My first guitar! I was never really into guitars because I broke my left pinkie when I was 15, I took off the cast 2 weeks early and it didn't really heal well. Now it's kinda deformed - perfect for those hard bar chords. Then one day, I got drunk with a couple of friends and ended up alone in a music shop in Sweden. I saw this beauty, fell in love and took it with me. Second hand but unused (great price! - with softcase, a couple of straps and cables). The guy who sold it probably didn't like it but I lost my guitar virginity to this baby... my friends laughed their asses off when I met them with this guitar on my back at the local pub a couple of hours later. This baby is cheap but never underestimate it. Sure it's a beginner's guitar but it's kinda overratedly stupid if you cannot play then you buy a Gibson or Fender. You could get some noisy sounds from the pick-ups but it's the charm of this guitar. 5 selection makes it even sweeter. The look is bad-ass, true rock/metal fashion. Sadly, I sold mine when I upgraded to an Ibanez Les Paul and needed some cash. Buy this then learn how to play. Punk-Rock-Metal-Reggae-Whatever... this is a pure music orgy axe. I'm getting this one back in the future for nostalgic reasons
    roentjeu16
    This is my firts and only guitar. the guitar sounds great with an other amp. the neck is a bit cheap but that's ok. the amp that came with it was crap so I bought a line 6 spider4 that was much better. good guitar for beginners like me.