ERG121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: ERG121

Purchased from: olx.com.pk

I play metal with a bit of rock and blues. The neck pickup is bassy there's a lot of base in that pup. The single coil isn't very strong but it does the job, nicely, and the neck pickup the best in the three, its pretty decent. I adjusted the pickup heights to get more gain from the guitar and it picks up legato real nicely. So its very easy to play metal on it. But it will never sound perfect but you can get a pretty decent sound out of it. I'm using it with a Zoom G2.1U and through a Ibanez IBZ3. It gives a decent sound.

Its lovely combination for a beginner who prefers metal, hard rock. Its versatile as well as you can get a half decent sound out of it for blues or funk. If been playing for 1.5 years and actually its my first and only guitar, I play this through a Zoom G2.1U + Ibanez IBZ3 amp. It can give some decent tones. If it was stolen I wouldn't probably get it again because I've matured as a player. Things I like: shred neck, good pickups for the price, sexy body. Things I hate: goes out of tune, is heavy. I wish it had a double locking bridge and a better neck pickup.

YouTube preview picture

I've played with this guitar live once and it did good. Didn't do any weird stuff. The hardware seems to last, its an old guitar and I got it second hand. The strap buttons seem solid, I've used it on a live gig and I can depend on it. Oh and I've dropped it a couple of times the finish does seems to last. Its more durable than the people are saying in the other reviews. Though the last time I put on new strings I kept detuning every five minutes, I don't know if all guitars do that or is only this one doing it.

The action was pretty nice, I tried to measure it and according to my readings its 1.7mm. Maybe it can go lower but my truss rod is out of shape. The pickups can be adjusted according to the user's playing style for high gain purposes raise the pickups heights. And no I didn't have the problems of oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, noisy pickup selector, lose controls. The guitar can go out of tune easily due to the bridge when used with a whammy bar. The guitar was flawless. Its a pretty decent guitar made by a decent company.

The guitar was made in China, it has 22 frets and its a very thin neck with rosewood fretboard. A small Strat shaped body, by small I mean its smaller in size which adds to it's sex appeal. The bridge is a standard Vintage trem. The pickups are Yamaha pups. Pickup config h-s-h. I like the finish its really shiny the one on which you can see your reflection. The tuners are standard plasticly things. The guitar is heavy though it really requires some energy to carry it for a long time. I bought the guitar second hand so it just came with a bag.

M4RK3H
    I own this guitar, i have added BcRich humbuckers and Wilkinson Machineheads. It is my go to metal guitar and i bloody love it, the neck is great and i have the action very low. I love it, i really do.
    inked rocker
    Great guitar for a beginner i got this years ago and started playing again recently still looks great and sounds good- love the neck on this i find it quite fast and great for metal riffage- only prob i will say was the GA10 amp i got with it- buzzes too much and its unreal in overdrive- and the pickup selector switch but hey whole thing was 190 quid about 4 yrs ago still as good as was then now looking to upgrade but will still keep this beauty
    mas789
    If you think Adam`s story is impossible,, last week my aunt's step son basically made the small fortune of $7111 workin a fifteen hour week in their apartment and there roomate's mother`s neighbour has been doing this for nine months and easily made more than $7111 part-time On there laptop. use the instructions at this site, Great70dotcom