Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 012

Purchased from: Giggear.com

It's best for cleaner rock or jazz, but it's versatile enough to play anything. I play mainly punk and metal and the bridge humbucker gives it a lot more power giving it an advantage over other budget guitars like the Squier Strat. I use it with a Marshall MG15w amp and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. If you set it up correctly, it sounds amazing for the price. It can produce a wide variety of sounds, and the bridge humbucker puts this guitar well above others in its price range. I wouldn't use it for live performances because it's not got the build for it. If you slap the body u get quite a bit of noise which is the only bad point on the sound side of things for the price.

I play metal and punk and in the budget range, it's between this and the Squier Strat. Personally, i think this wins because of the bridge humbucker. It just gives you that extra power that leaves the Squier behind. I now play an Ibanez RG370DX and I'll never regret buying a Yamaha as my first. I still use the Yamaha for cleaner songs. Things to love about it, as I keep saying, that humbucker! Hate, well the cable was a shame but apart from that it's the best budget guitar out there! (unless your budget stretches to a 112). If you're a beginner and you want a budget guitar, buy this one! Ignore all that technical stuff, trust me, no matter what type of music you want to play, this is the best you'll find for the price! It's worth every penny, and you can pick one up for a mere 99 now!

I think this guitar is built to last. Although I deffinately would recommend buying a decent cable as soon as possible, because the one that comes with it isn't that good and only lasts a few months. I bought some venom cables for mine. The finish chips if you're not careful, and you'll notice over time from leaning it against your amp or whatever, that small dents will appear on the back. I wouldn't use this guitar for a gig because it's a practice/beginners/budget guitar! it's just not made for it!

This guitar was perfect when I got it, everything was spot-on I really can't think of any down-points for the set-up of it.

- 22 frets - Solid body - Vol+tone+5way controls - With S/S/H pickups - maple neck and a rosewood fretboard