Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Yamaha: Pacifica 012

The sound is good, but the pickups have gotten pretty damaged so I can't say the sound is that amazing. The bridge humbucker actually sounds pretty cool, not like an EMG or anything, but with a little distortion and high treble you can actually do alot of the heavy stuff. The single coils should be used for the more acoustic-like songs, and they are not really that good. The tremolo is ok. I don't really use it much, since I almost expect the tremolo on such a guitar to ruin all the strings, but so far it is working. Doesen't ruin the tuning, the guitar manages that by itself. But don't get me wrong, the guitar is very good and it is perfect for beginners since it fits many music styles.

I use this to play anything. I could play either Iron Maiden or Johnny Cash with this thing, it doesen't matter, it can handle it all, but only to a certain degree. I've played for a couple of years now, and I wouldn't recommend this to experienced people. But for beginners this thing is very good. I wouldn't buy it over again, but I would rather see it not being stolen.

I would not use this thing live. Not in it's current condition, but if it was brand new then I would. The strap buttons will survive, but the pickups often stop making sound so I would use an other guitar live.

It's pretty, no doubt about it. It's looks almost like an original Strat, exept from the top, which has the Yamaha logo written on it. I bought it used, and the input was kind of damaged, and so was the neck single coil, so I don't think this thing can take just anything. But it has survived hard meetings with the floor, and several bumps so I can trust it not to break with the slightest touch.

22 frets, one volume and one tone knob. A 5 way pickup selector and a tremolo bar. Strat body. Two single coils and a bridge humbucker. I bought this from a friend, so I didn't get any stuff with it. The neck is actually quite good for such a cheap guitar, but there is something missing. I never quite figured out what it was, but something just is just wrong. I can't get it quite right when playing this guitar.