Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 012

Purchased from: Unknown

Varied sound, it is for begginers so they have to find what they like, it's coped with everything I've ever played Iron Maiden, Jimmy Hendrix, NOFX, Bad Religion and Nirvana. I'm running it through a Marshall M15CDR without effects pedals. It's only noisy when the pickup selctor is in the wrong position or if you put the gain too high, I find the humbucker to be pretty quiet when good amp settings are used (except at high volume). I'm still to find a style this guitar cant handle.

If it was stolen I would not buy it again but this is due to the fact that I have advance enough to get a guitar a few models up, maybe an Ibanez RG370DX, if I could get the money. I love this guitar it is an amazing begginers guitar and I will keep for a long time yet. If I could have one extra feature it would be a two way tremelo arm.

This guitar is not suitable for live play except as a back up as it is just a begginers guitar. The guitar is very solid and will not break, the only problem I have had is that somtimes after moving the selector Switch (which I've moved about 10 times since getting it) the signal is not conducted properly and the volume stays low. This can be fixed by rocking side to side slightly until signal picks up again. The strap buttons are solid, I would be more worried about my strap breaking than the buttons. I've had the guitar for almost a year but I treat it very well always putting it in my bag and away when finished although I still feel the finish is of good quality and will last. Just buy a new selector Switch 15 and a new cable 5-25 it will still be cheaper and better than other similar models.

The action is good, fast neck. Well set up from factory standard strings are good (but not as good as my Fender stainless steel bullets). Pickups good seem to last, prefer the humbucker on its own to other pickups excepte for Hendrix Style playin as you need the singles. The singles are of good quality and seem solid haven't had any problems yet. The humbucker is slightly wobily but no problems with it its handy for cleanin just don't push too hard. No flaws at all, which is better than my friends 500 Ibanez which has two. Supplied cable should be replaced imediatly as mine was lose after 3 weeks of solid playin, looked after well so not a damage problem.

My first guitar and my first review. I've had it for a year but not played too much until June (summer holidays, played it all the time) ade in Indonesia acording to the back. 22 Frets on a maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Black laminated finish which seems unchipible if a reasonable level of care is taken. Dual single coil and single bridge humbucker pickup. One Tone knob and one Volume knob. 5-way selector Switch. There is also a one way tremelo arm for droping the tunning, the one bad feature. Included a cable.

marksmen
    totally agree,such a great guitar and the neck is so smothe, great for sliding and playing guitar solos
    skatersic666
    This was also my first electric guitar. A good guitar. I think better than a Squire Strat. The only problems ive had is the strap button has come out and ive had to glue it back in and the pick-up selector switch sometimes looses connection but a bit of WD40 or something along those lines will sort that.