Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 012

Purchased from: nakas

It suits my music styles perfectly. I play: blues, rock, hard rock, metal, stoner/heavy metal, black/death metal and a litle bit of grunge and punk. I use a Zoom G2.1u through to a Line6 amp. It can get a litle bit noisy on very heavy distorted settigs. And I bellieve it has a full bright sound (kind of hard to get an Opeth sound from it). You can get different sounds from the guitar just by changing the pickups, and I believe it to have variety (not great variety) of sounds.

It is a perfect match for the music that I play. I have been playing classical guitar for 6 years and electric for 3. I now own a rgx350dx Fender Strat, Gibson les paul. IF it where stolen I would probably make him hurt so much he would wish he never existed. Before I bought it I also tried out a Squier Strat, and a Washburn, and I liked this one more. There is not much more I could have ased from a beginers guitar.

It can stand live playing even though it wasn't really made for it. The hardware is ok, and the strap buttons are as solid as hell. I have used it live wiout a backup and everything was fine. And the finish does no whear of (I had once dropped white spirit 98% vol on it and nothing happend).

The guitar was perfect when I go it out the box I just started playing. The action was just where I wanted it to be. The pickups where normal, the same with everything else. It came with absolutely no flaws everything was where it was supposed to be. Everything fitted in perfectly, nothing loose or any other problems.

I have absolutely no idea where this guitar was made, somewhere like indionesia. It has 22 frets jumbo I suppose and a very comfortable maple neck. It is solid agathis a litle bit heavier than I would like. I got it in a black whith a white pickguard, It is a Strat style guitar without the stat input. It has a Vintage tremolo bridge. Passive electronics (of course) with a H/S/S configuration, it has one volume and one tone controls. And I got it with a strap, cable and a case.

TheDisenchanted
    I got one about christmas time (2005) and think it's great. I hope the people that put the prices in meant in dollars because i got mine for 135 which I thought wasn't bad. I agree about the input jack though mine broke and i had to get it fixed within two weeks it broke again and I havent had chance to get it fixed yet, my volume knob also came loose and I got it fixed but that seems to be fine now. It's a great guitar.
    Notoriousdoc
    I love my pacifica *hugs it*. I must have had for about 4 years now, I left in a corner for a year before I picked it up and starting teaching myself. It's great to play pretty much anything on. Brilliant value. The only problems I have with are the pick-up switch, it's stopped working =P and the jack keeps coming out. But nothing too technical. Love it!
    JFY
    Great Guitar, only problem, pickup wiring broke and the input jack fell off( but there was a problem and yamaha have sent replacements to most music shops that sold them for when they broke)
    DarkDallasNight
    Okay guitar, sounds like crap when compared to my cousin's Epi SG standard. However, it does sound good through a marshall half stack. If i went back in time, I would've gotten a squire tele or one of those epi sg or lp budget ones. The input jack is messed up on my guitar and the pickup selector got loose and now only works on humbuckers and I RARELY play with this. I think its a pos guitar but hey it was an okay starter. If I get some more money then Ill step it up to a tele standard or a epi g-300
    Cactus Jumper
    my first guitar too, and im very glad i bought it, in my opinion for this price u dont get a better guitar. Mine is a little bit improved with a seymour duncan humbucker
    BonezShaker
    I was wandering bout the amp dat comes with the Gigmaker pack ? i am planing to get one as my first guitar too
    Rockwillnevrdie
    This guitar was my first guitar ever, and i've had it for about 4 years now, i play it at least 6 days out of the week for a good 3 - 4 hours a day. And it has never let me down, always has very nice tone, and sounds good no matter what you do, I highly recommend this as a first guitar because while it is very good, there is better out there for higher experienced players.
    sideoftheham420
    my first guitar as well. only problem i had was that after 3 months, the jack broke. i had it replaced and it broke again a week after. now i have a metal thing over teh jack.