Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 012

Playing it through the starter amp, it sounds decent, no guitar would sound great through such an amp but when played through a Line 6 Spider III amp, sounds pretty good when using the humbucker, sounds much heavier than the starter Squier. The single coils are dull and quiet, the humbucker more than makes up for this. I play System Of A Down and Slipknot and even some Metallica, this guitar can just about do that but there is no real variety in the sound that the guitar makes, hard to get an accurate sound, but sounds close enough. The tone and volume knob is dissapointing, it seems it's only there for show, but you can't argue about this as for what you paid, you're getting a great deal.

I play lots of metal, and I feel that this guitar is adequate. This guitar is quite small, the frets aren't that big however there is just about enough to work with, and I feel that as a backup guitar, it's perfect. This is by and large the best starter guitar, to learn how to play, you must get this one. If this was stolen/lost, I probably not buy another one. I would just buy a Dean ML XM as backup. I hate the fact that the tone and volume knobs do little but I like the colour and shape and the action. The guitar requires very little fiddling around with, it's good to go straight from the box.

The strap buttons are solid, dependable but you may want to get new ones just in case, and this guitar I would use as a backup without hesitation, it can be used to play any sort of music and will last, except playing on this guitar for hours at a time will ruin the tuning, make sure you get a tuner when you buy this guitar! I would not use this, however as my first choice guitar.

I've had it for about 6 months, and there have been no problems with it. I have dropped it twice, but has come through unscathed. It has a glossy red and generally is well put up, there are no loose bits. The pickups were quite low, you may want to slightly raise them, but risk getting a lot of background noise. and the action is very good by default, the strings are very low, perfect for easy playing. however the strings are very close toghether, when you pick on string, you may pick the one under/above it. There was some buzzing on the first fret of the 6th string, but nothing else. Everything was put together very well.

First guitar I bought and was well worth it. Came with a starter 15watt Yamaha GA15 amp and a soft case. Has two single-coil pickups and a humbucker and a 5-way switch. Also has a volume and tone knob, neither of which do anything of note, the tone knob slightly mutes/unmutes the sound of the guitar. The single coils don't sound that great, but the humbucker is pretty good for the price to pay, and comes with a whammy bar, which is fun to mess around with. great value for price paid.

Electric Hex
    BonezShaker wrote: I was wandering bout the amp dat comes with the Gigmaker pack ? i am planing to get one as my first guitar too
    The Amp is probably the most attractive starter amp I have seen as all the others look like biscuit tins. The clean mode on it is ok but if you turn overdrive on it just goes really really rusty - I don't mean overdrive rusty I mean wet chainsaw rusty, But some people like that. Anyway the clean mode is the best I have encountered from a 10W amp ( Apart from the Roland cube10x which are bought on their own )
    Electric Hex
    That rusty thing can be taken back as I realise that starter amps aren't good quality. Again clean is ok but the overdrive causes unneccisary distortion.
    nemesis_911
    My 1st and only axe so far. And i have no complains. The tone is awesome, The action rocks and the pickups are really good. But could use a double lock trem instead of the vintage 1. And the finish is a lil fragile. Other than that, this guitar totally rocks and will last for a few years. I recommend this axe to all the beginners out there.
    nemesis_911
    Metalhead3333 wrote: The best begginer guitar in existence! Great guitar!
    yea dewd, rock on!!!!!
    ACDC2702
    This is my first and only guitar so far, and it is the best guitar you can buy for 150. Iv been playing guitar for almost a year now, and i got my 012 last october 2nd hand off my mate(who now uses an epiphone les paul) and hed already had it for 2 years, so its now almsot 3 years old. The tone on it is execellent, and the pickups are good, its also very easy to play (which is the main reason I like it). The only minor problems iv had with it is the jack, as it keeps coming loose. But overall, a superb guitar
    DanBourne
    I bought my guitar for myself convinced that it was a good guitar and i think i was convinced rightly!! I have had my 012 for around 9 months now, i can play all sorts of music making it sound good, mainley heavy metal, classical (led zeplin: Stairway) and many other types. My guitar is mettalic Red Gloss, Rosewood fretboard and around 22 fretts, it has two single coil pickups and 1 humbucker. The only problems that i have had are with the input jack on my guitar, the connection kept coming loose cutting in and out of sound but it is fixed now. I have found it a very good sound producer with a very good amp a VOX Pathfinder Classic. overrall a good deal for my guitar and amp $450 all up a very good starter pack and i advise anyone who wants to start learning this is the guitar for you. Keep Rockin with the best beginner guitar EVER!!!!!
    NecroMaster
    Only issues I have with this guitar is the strap button came off (easy fix!) and the single coils aren't so great, but perfectly useable. The neck is great, and all in all a great guitar to play. Feels much better than the other budget guitars I've played.
    Oli_88
    Mines 6-7 years old now, I play it more than my Dot and Jackson put together...