Pacifica 012 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 012

Purchased from: Music Store

It suits my music style pretty well. I play mostly blues but also rock and some metal. I'm using an Ibanez 10G amp which has overdrive which isn't very good. It sound great with a clean tone and its hambucker gives it a nice crunchy sound but don't expect to sound anywhere like Metallica with this.

I've been playing this for over a year and it's definitely worth its price and it exceed my expectations of a beginners guitar. This guitar probably won't last for more than a few years. You'll probably want to upgrade to something better. I would definitely buy it again if it was lost or stolen but if I had more money I would upgrade to a Fender Strat. Don't really have any reason to hate this guitar. The only thing I wished it had is better sound.

Have never really used it for a gig before from The Feeling it feels pretty solid but I don't think it would last for that many gigs. Though the PAC112 would probably be better but with reasonable care this guitar would be just fine. I would be just fine for just a few gigs and it won't wear off so easily either.

Its a very solid guitar. The action for this guitar was excellent and I don't see any problem with the pickups. It would have been perfect except for the one problem I had that was minor which is a loose input jack which I have to screw back once in a while.

Mine is made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets made of rosewood with maple neck. Though I would have preferred a maple fretboard but didn't really have a choice. Mine was black but you also have a choice of metallic red and metallic dark blue. It has a Vintage style tremolo and the tremolo is really good. The thing that separates this from its rivals like squire is its H/S/S pickup configuration. I rarely play through the single coils until I started playing a lot of Blues. It has a volume and tone control and 5-way selector.