Pacifica 112 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112

The way I have this guitar set up now is almost perfect for my playing style. I play rock and blues like bands such as: Taproot, Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and the Ataris. This guitar is perfect for the low sounding notes and you can easily run your fingers fast up and down the neck - kinda like what Jimi Hendrix did. I love this guitar's sound. With the light distortion and extra high treble settings on my amp, I can sound just like Toni Iommi.

Great guitar. I wish that I could get an Ibanez iceman and use this guitar as a back up. I have heard the iceman and it sounds much clearer than this, but this is still a great guitar.

This guitar will withstand live playing, and it's a good guitar. I wouldn't use a back up, but this would be a good back up guitar if you wanted sumthing better.

The guitar is pretty awesome out of the box. You can just plug it in and start playing right off the bat. The pickups are adjusted just slightly off so taht you must turn the treble up about 2 settings on the amp to even out the sound. The only other thing that is wrong/I don't like about this guitar is that the wood is soft! You must be careful when taking the guitar apart because I almost put a hole in the body by trying to take off the faceplate and the screwdriver slipped... long story, but just be careful with it.

This is an american made guitar with 22 frets... kinda weird for a japanese company huh? Its a solid body guitar with with single/single/humbucker pickups(neck to bridge). With an all maple body construction, pearl white body and a clear satin finish on the neck, this strat-like guitar is ready for playing right out of the box. It has a thin neck with jumbo frets, and it came with a guitar cable, Yamaha tuner, and I had to buy a gig case seperate.