Pacifica 112 review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Yamaha: Pacifica 112

I play a rock and grunge type of sound, this guitar fitted this extremly well as with some distortion it sounds great and with the tone whacked up to full you can also get some lovly notes for all types of solos. The amp I use with it is a Marshall MG15CD. This guitar can provide a loud sound but the quilty and tone quickly deteriates with it set to loud. I am a Tom morello fan and this guitar can do almost everyone of his sound effects with the right effects. I use a Boss ME50 for this. And Tom's style is very wide so it has a huge variety. For the can of this guitar I think the sound is amazing, extremly veristile. Unfortunatly the Vibro System on this guitar is not what Ide can impressive. And I have to say I find it pretty useless. Instead I use a can Baby Wah. But this is my only doubt on the sound.

The overall impresion of this guitar is that it is excellent to start on but you wont be able to use it one your ear develops or one the wear and tear starts. I've been playing 2 years and this guitar has suited my perfectly other than it's snags. I would not have chose a diffrent guitar because it was a bargin anf woth every penny. It this guitar was to be stolen or lost I would not buy it again I would move one a a more advanced guitar. Although owning a Ephiphone Les Paul Standard I still enjoy a good hour or so on this guitar. I feel every attached to it! I love 90% of this guitar it's jsut the bad frets and the Low E poping out that lets it down! Overall a good starter guitar!

This guitar is not for live use. I've had it 2 years and it's suffering badly from fret buzz! I've also noticed that even my guitar tutors Pacifca 112 which is over 8 years old has the same problem as mine which is the Low E will pop out a lot ruining what ever you are playing at the time. The finish on this guitar is thick, and leaves ugly white marks when damaged it's while make takes ages to fade into a natural looking colour. This guitar is dependable thought and although it would sound horrid I would feel confident to play gig knowing it will not break on me. The hardwear is build to last. I've installed strap locks to be safe but I've never has any problems with the strap buttons before hand.

The guitar was fine and my guitar tutor agreed. Having said that this was off the shelf and CD all ready tuned and set up, Therefore I can not judge the quality of it's factorys set up. Bootlegs Music gets a 9 out of 10 for the set up as it was perfectly done.

mackdaddy
    SumFan98 : i say again: YAMAHA SHOULD STICK TO KEYBOARDS.
    Stop being a dick, these Yamahas are A-Ok
    bamann
    I bought one about 4 years ago and I have beat the living S%*# out of it. I paid like 165$ new and use it at every show. Especally on accoustic simulation. It seems to work good on that. I run it thru an XXL head and a matching 4x12 cab. It'll get pretty chunky if you play it hard with a .73 or better pic and a good distortion pedal. Crank it up! The action is good from the store, but I have lowered mine to almost buzz. I could use some different saddles but.... It really stays in tune for me. And like I say, I bend the h&$# out of it. I've dropped it, banged it on things , raked it across mic stands, chairs, bar stools, thrown it, spilled all kinds of crap on it, used it as a shield, let people in the crowd bang on it....Wow. I'm sitting here with it right now. Let's put it this way. There's alot of good memories in this cheep guitar. A guy would never dream of doing this to a paul, gibbie, smith etc... But I wouldn't have had as much fun either. Fun is what it's all about. I do have a 94 Fender Strat that I also play. And a Brawley. (another cheep guitar that just rocks if you play it hard)
    SumFan98
    wow. why would you treat your guitar like that? don't get me wrong, i'm all for a fun time, buy come on man. beating your guitar is like beating your wife. sorry, but that just sickens me. :/
    thishollowhill
    how the hell did you pay 365.9817? 9817?
    Did you pay for your wife? Didn't think so. If I paid for it, I'll do what I want to it. I treat my guitars like garbage too. But I like that kind of look.
    Diateo
    I think it's an amazing guitar and the guy that said about the notes running into each other, that isnt the guitar...it's your playing, clean it up. The person sayin the whammmy bar is too loose, tighten it up more and then it wont be lose. Sorry but this guitar really is good and for the price i think it is more than good value for money, excellent first guitar in my opinion!
    METMAN
    i love my pacifica not a problem with at at all love it is was my first guitar strong as hell droped it many time my only issue is small strap buttins pickups are good but a little weak singel coils mostly the humbucker sounds pritty rad though if you are looking to start playing guitar and lookin for one to start on this one is deffonently something to look at
    Biggs
    I love my pacifica. The only problem with it is that I'm starting to get fret buzz etc...however, it is repairable. For the money, there are few, if any, better.
    henza_x
    leaping badger has it right the ibanez rg370 is retarded compared to the pacifica keep in mind the pacifica 112 is the budget range of electrics
    leaping badger
    I have one and i love it, when i bought it i compared it to everything else i could find in the same price range and nothing got close.