Pacifica 112 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112

On my guitar since I bought it I elevated my pickups a little bit and I can play almost every if not every stile there is. I played classic rock, hard, alternative, metal, heavy and thrash metal, waltz... Whatever you want to play this guitar will give a good sound. But there is a problem. Neck single coil creates a buzz all the time and that's annoying. This guitar will give you richer sound if your strings are fatter.

The guitar is good match to my stile of playing and I wish the guitar had Floyd Rose or active pickup in the bridge. If someone stole my guitar I wouldn't know what to do cause the guitar isn't in sale anymore. The best thing in my guitar is neck and body. Neck is fat but you can play fast solos on it and body can create awesome range of sound witch I like. Overall impression would be: this guitar is great for beginner and pro has big range of sound can play almost anything.

The hardware is pretty old right now (about 8-9 years) and I wanted to put seymor duncan blackout on bridge and another noiseless single coil in neck. I have to change the tone strap button cause it falls off most of the time. The finish will last very long and I believe the guitar can withstand live performance alone. Everything on guitar is reliable and very durable.

Action was high and I didn't like it but I lowered it. My pickups were low so it was awkward, high action and low pickups. Bridge was perfectly set up and everything was in place but again I lowered the action and elevated pickups. The guitar and stile that I'm playing fits perfectly and finish is the one that I like and I believe it will last long.

The Pacifica that I bought came with case bag. Body is made of alder neck is fat and 22 medium jumbo frets. Finish is sunburst and it is in very good condition, finish is a little bit scratched but it's nothing. Bridge I have on my guitar is I believe yahama bridge I don't know exactly. Body is Stratocaster shaped, electronics are passive, 1 volume, 1 tone knob, 5-way sellector, pickups are Yamaha pickups ( 2 single coils 1 humbucker).

Frazhussain
    Hey guys Im also a complete beginner and thought about learning to play the guitar whilst im out here on placement. I bought an Encore KC3 beginners set but just cant seem to get any proper sound out of it. Im thinking about scrapping it and upgrading to a brand new 112V in natural finish. Is it really worth the upgrade? What im really asking for is if theres anyone else out there who has bought a crappy guitar and upgraded to this how was it? And are there any who originally had an encore who upgraded? Hmmm to upgrade or not...that is the question
    Green St
    I own one of these for 3 years. It's a great guitar for beginners. It's is well priced and it's reliable, light guitar. But that's about it. Great for practicing, and bedtime playing. I remind you this guitar is for beginners only. I wouldn't suggest it for gig, or studio rehearsal.