Pacifica 112 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: Gary Bennetts Music (NL)

I play a wide variety of music from reggae to classic rock to full on metal. The clean sounds with the single coils are very very nice and it does a good job with distortion at the humbucker position. I find that sometimes with a ton of distortion on that single notes tend to run together although only with the heaviest gains. I am currently playing it through a Line 6 spider valve tube amp and it sounds great. People are always amazed at how good this guitar sounds.

I have been playing for 16 years and gigging for 5. I love the way this guitar sounds and plays. It is so easy to play. The neck is amazingly fast for such a cheap guitar. For my metal playing I wish they had a model with a double humbucker but my new ESP custom will have double hums with a Pacifica 112 spec neck.

I use this as my primary gig guitar over a mexi Strat and a Yamaha g-series guitar and it holds up great. My only problem has been the input jack which has caused me some headaches. Its side location makes it easy to damage and I have had it soldered about 6 times over the years. The strap buttons are not the best.

I love the finish. It is a beautiful guitar. The neck is very smooth and well made with very low action. It is also very narrow and thin which makes for faster playing. After 14 years of jamming and gigging it has some nicks and dents but the finish is great and the fingerboard still shines.

I got this guitar for Christmas 14 years ago..way back in 1996. My parents paid a little over $300 for it I think. It has an alder body with a beautiful Antique Sunburst finish. It has a smooth maple neck and maple figerboard with 22 medium frets. I think it is a v-shaped neck because it is very small and easy to play and the action is very good also. This Strat style guitar has two single coil and one humbucker at the bridge.