Pacifica 112J review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112J

Purchased from: Through School

Because I'm short on money, I'm playing it through a Marshall 3-Watt micro stack. I also have an Ibanez SM7 Smash Box. But this guitar has quite a warm sound, even through my weedy amp. Sounds very nice - and surprisingly loud - when played accoustically. I have experienced some buzzing from the strings/pickups, but nothing major.

As a beginner guitarist, this guitar has been perfect for me. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another were this one stolen (although I'm saving up for an Ibanez at the moment). I play a wide range of music, and the guitar is versatile enough to cater for them all. Higher-priced models blow it out of the water, but for a beginner (like me), or as a guitar to practice on, this is excellent, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

I have played this guitar live, and it's very reliable & durable. The guitar is built to last, and to an incredibly high Standard for the price. Very occasionally my strap has come off the buttons, but I think that has more to do with my strap than the guitar.

Pretty much in tune out of the box, and holds its tuning very well. The action is fine for me, although it doesn't play nearly as well as my friend's Ibanez (but that's to be expected when he paid more than three times as much for it). Mine has a Natural Satin finish, which is lovely, and largely undamaged after multiple knocks.

- 22 Frets - Solid Alder Body - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fretboard - Alnico V Pickups - 2 single coil, and a humbucker - 5-way pickup selector - Volume and tone knobs - Detatchable tremolo arm and 2 hex keys included Basically, you get the guitar. There are no included accessories or anything like that, just the tremolo arm, and a couple of hex keys (along with all the paperwork and stuff like that).

MaggaraMarine
    Price paid: 2180
    Oh no. Maybe you have forgotten a dot between some of those numbers? Is it like 218.0 or 21.80?
    Most_Triumphant
    Let me see, $300 guitar, $2000 amp head, 1960A and B, $1600. $300 guitar into $3600 rig =Erik Clapton tones brah! Why you hating, this guy is obviously a pro and knows what hes talking about. What is this world coming to?
    K Reyn
    I actually really like the 112J. Due to a lack of funds it's what I am playing these days and I really don't mind at all. It sounds and plays nice and gets the job done.
    Ziggity
    Worst review I've ever seen on here. Almost makes want to stop reading reviews all together
    no lolage
    This was my starter guitar. Now I have an Ibanez Prestige, Vintage Strat, Schecter Loomis-7, Michael Kelly Patriot and I've played a ton more to death including more Les Puals and hollowbodies than you can shake a stick at. I don't think its bad for a starter instrument (better than my brothers squier) however it absolutely does not stand up to anything more top of the line. This is from personal experience over years of playing. I paid 150 for mine so I wasn't expecting miracles anyway. It was just a stepping stone guitar. Anyway the review does sound like it was written by somebody with little experience which is a shame. It's all a bit of mess really, this page in general haha! But yes I respectfully disagree with the reviewer and others supporting this as even a mid-range instrument, let alone high level. Citing my own experience I would say; it's only good for somebody who isn't sure whether they want to commit to playing or not.