Pacifica 112L review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112L

Purchased from: Belle Air Music

This guitar is great. The guitar is really high quality. The only thing that would make it better would have to be some new pickups. It can make country, blues, rock, metal. You name it, she makes it! I use the Pacifica with a Fender Blues Junior with a stock speaker, and sometimes use a Dunlop Crybaby Wah.

Playing classic rock, classical, and blues and stuff for over 4 years. I own a Fender MIM Telecaster, a Fender Blues Jr., a Roland Cube 20X, as well as a few pedals. If it were stolen, I'd be upset to tears, since it's the first guitar I received. I wouldn't go out and buy it again though, since I love playing my Telecaster so much, and it's my main guitar now by far. I love the neck and how easy it is for moving around fast, as well as the diverse sounds the many pickup options give you. I hate the stock pick-ups. I compared it with both the squire Strat and the MIM Strat. MIM is better, but Pacifica does circles around the Squire. Yamaha does in fact make good guitars!

Damn reliable. I can depend on it for sure. This guitar is built to last. Gig bag broke open one time and it fell off of my back into the middle of my city's downtown street and didn't damage at all (well, there was a tiny, tiny dent, but cosmetic wear makes you look "hard").

I've had my Pacifica adjusted a few times, and the only thing I would recommend is to once again replace the pickups and you'll have a really incredible guitar for a low cost. The only thing that had suffered is the pick-up selector Switch, which has taken on a light coat of rust.

The Pacifica was my first guitar and I got it in the summer just over 4 years ago now, and it came with a stock strack, a gig bag, and the satisfaction of owning my own guitar. The neck is lovely, and made of thin rosewood, I believe. It features a Strat body with two single coil pick-ups and a humbucker at the bridge. The controls consist of one volume control and one tone control, and 5 way pick-up selector, and it has a floating bridge and a tremolo bar. My Pacifica was apparently made in 1992.

Soumitra
    If you are not getting good sounds out of your 112 then either you havent tuned your guitar or you dont know how to play the guitar. This guitar is much above any starter guitar I have explored. The pickups are great for playing hendrix and SRV kinda stuff. You gotta know what tones to expect out of it. If you want to play metal then add some ceramic pickups. Else, stop complaining. My guitar has great finish and the fretboard feels like it was made for me in heaven. And the tuning is exceptionally stable for a starter guitar. I play blues and do a lot of string bends. The guitar handles them extremely well. Try that on a cheap squier and you would know what I mean !!
    derAlchemist
    got this guitar for 1 and a half year, i definitly cannot agree with 68_SG. this guitar works well for its price, action is ok humbucker is very good the two single-coils sound strange, you need a good amp (like a marshall avt50 ) to fix this. all in all a good guitar i think though some problems it is versatile (i use it from rammstein and metallica over nightwish to acdc,rhcp, and modern punk stuff)