Pacifica 112V review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112V

Price paid: € 245

Purchased from: Senia Romania

I play all kinds of rock music, starting from blues, to rock n' roll, to heavy metal and experimental music. It is a perfect guitar for blues, rock n' roll, punk, classic rock and even hard rock with the help of the humbucker. Although, that humbucker is not powerful enough for really heavy stuff like thrash metal and shredding. It works pretty fine, but there is room for better. I get very cool sounds using IK Multimedia's Amplitube 3. I also have a Fender G-DEC Junior which I don't use very often. I highly recommend this guitar for blues players of players who are in search of sounds like U2 and Pink Floyd's songs. It really has a brilliant clean tone, and with some effect pedals you will get the best sounds.

It matches perfectly to any kind of rock music, even heavy metal. But if you are into shredding and very heavy stuff, you shouldn't buy it, that humbucker is just not "evil" enough for that style. If it were stolen, I would probably buy another one, or maybe I would buy a Lag Arkane 100, because I am more into heavy stuff right now. I love the action on this guitar, the way it feels, the way it looks and more important, the way it rocks! When I was to buy a new guitar I had to choose between this and a Lag Arkane 100. I chose this one because I liked the clean sound better, I was literally in love with it's clean sound, but both of them are very good guitars! I wish the humbucker packed more punch than this one... Maybe one day I will change it and this guitar will be much better!

I don't own this guitar for a long time but it really seems solid and durable. It will act really good playing live, the strap buttons are good, my strap never slipped off, the hardware seems pretty good. I would depend on it on a gig, without a backup. The finish is solid, and I think it will last very good.

The build quality is amazing, it looks gorgeous! The action is perfect, the pickups are very well adjusted... The setup of the guitar is flawless! The tremolo system could be better though.. Very well finished guitar. It really is a true pleasure to play on it!

- Made in Indonesia and being one of the most affordable guitars in the Pacifica Series(which debuted in 1990). The Pacifica 112 model first appeared in 1993 and was substantially improved in 2007. - Thin Neck with a very comfortable feel - 350 mm Fingerboard radius - 22 Jumbo frets - Rosewood Fingerboard - Maple Neck - Alder Body - Available in: Natural satin, Old violin sunburst, Raspberry red, Sonic blue, Black, Silver metallic (mine is black) - Fat Strat body style - Vintage style vibrato with block steel saddles - Passive Pickups - Master Volume, Master Tone, 5 way switch - Splits the bridge humbucker at the pull of the tone knob - Yamaha 'custom wound' Alnico V H/S/S Pickups - Enclosed tuners all chrome plated - Came with a cable and tools

sstony
    just sayin' get a prs custom
    You do know there is a big difference between a 245 euro guitar and a custom PRS.
    Basti95
    The Pacifica is an excellent first guitar, one of the best to get you started.
    Insomnia69
    rv_phoenix
    It makes no sense comparing a Pacifica 112 to a Custom PRS. For the very reason they are different types of guitars, in terms of timber, pickups and configuration. Pacifica 112 is also more than a "beginners" guitar. I've actually played a lot of gigs on it and it withstood the pressure very well. It's excellent for Classic Rock and Progressive. But there's no way a 254 euros guitar would compare to a handmade 3000 euros PRS. As for the ease of learning chords, it's not related in any way to guitar's neck radius or fingerboard. Pacifica 112 has a great neck, btw, I guess it's its most accomplished feature. It's thinner and with a better curve than regular Fender necks, but meanwhile it's sturdy and hard as a rock. I loved it. Too bad I had to sell the guitar (but I've bought two other Yamahas instead, which I've heavily modified, improving on their weak points: they sound and play like Heaven now.)
    jetwash69
    Insomnia69 wrote: COREYTAYLOR721 wrote: 14 inch neck radius then, so it is a typical pos strat copy. real strat would be significantly easier to play, i hate these necks. beginners can't even make these crap guitars sound decent. just sayin' get a prs custom, fret spacing and friendly neck will help you learn chords etc easier. lmao, if you were rich as f*ck then sure. If you're just starting to get into guitar you're better off buying a cheap and relatively decent guitar, and see if the interest picks up. Plus I'm pretty sure no beginner would know the difference from swamp ash and mahogany bodies, rosewood/maple fretboards, pickups and all that other jazz.
    But...they also don't know how to set up a guitar. Playing a POS guitar when you're starting can really slow you down. If anything, POS guitars are better for later so you can improve them and hot rod them without risking messing up an expensive guitar, which was already good for what it was made to do anyway.
    rv_phoenix
    Amateurs, amateurs, amateurs... Pacifica 112 is a great cheap guitar, but when you play it through toys like IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 or Fender G-Dec, there aren't many chances for someone to take you seriously. (An 8 for the sound, while playing he axe through this crap?) I've had a Pacifica 112 for quite a few years. It's a good guitar, it can do most of the things you would expect from a Fat Strat... but after a while an experienced player feels its limitations: cheap tuning pegs (with insufficient tuning stability), saddles rusting like tin-cans on a beach, cheap electronics, pots with little dynamics etc. A 7,5 would be a much closer rating. Better than a Squier Affinity Strat, but much worse than a Vintage V6, whose hardware is top-notch.
    COREYTAYLOR721