Pacifica 112V review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 112V

Price paid: € 280

Purchased from: The Sound Factory

Good sound for this guitar considering the money it costs new, which isn't much, there is a good enough variation in sounds between the different p/u positions and ya can get a good wide range of sounds from it like a Fender Strat. Brilliant for the money but wouldn't stand up to the standards of Fender ect.

Great guitar for the money, unbelievable bargain. I know of a lad who has a Gibson SG and a Yamaha Pacifica 112V and he rather playing the Pacifica than the SG so that speaks for itself but it just depends what sound your into really. A great thing about this guitar is the humbucker on the bridge cause you can switch it to the single coil if you want so you have the choice if ya don't want that big heavy hum buck sound. Would recommend this guitar for beginners or people who are literally scraping pennys together like myself but need something good and decent for gigging with a good sound, this is the guitar for it.

Very reliable guitar, gives f--k all tuning problems when ya use the tremolo arm unless ya dive bomb it every 5 seconds, which I wouldn't recommend doing because it could break the guitar ya need to remember its a low end instrument and won't stand up to a trashing.

Good action on this guitar however though when I got mine I changed the action and then the strings started buzzing like mad and I had to get the top nut replaced but it's ok now, this guitar feels more expensive than it is, if ya want to buy this guitar don't be afraid that's its gonna feel real cheap like a Westfield or that, its far superior compared to other electrics in the same price range and I have gigged this guitar a few times.

This is a lovely guitar for the price, it has a an alder body with alnico single coil flat poled p/us, it has a gloss finish and a satin finish on the neck, the fingerboard is made from rosewood. It has a Strat style body but is not the exact same, it has the contour of a Strat and all that and it has a modern style bridge and saddles with a tremolo arm. There is a 5 way p/u selector switch and you can switch between humbucker or single coil in the bridge position by pulling/pushing the tone control knob and it has a main volume knob. Standard type tuners, all the hardware on this guitar is die-cast and not chrome.

justwippet
    I'll bet that the people that are slamming this guitar have never actually PLAYED one. I own somewhere around 15 different guitars, including a handful of late 90's Pacifica Strats & Teles and I LOVE them. Playing live, I choose them over my custom-built guitars and Les Pauls. Why? Because they're light, they intonate well and, with a set of $75 Hipshot tuners, they stay in tune. The necks are great for someone with average to smaller hands and they're built like tanks. If you ain't played one? Don't slam them. And quit comparing them to guitars that cost 10 times as much. Duh.
    DarkStranger
    I have this guitar. The neck has a satin finish and is very smooth to play. I play it at home through a Yamaha THR5 amp. Together they make a very versatile set-up, The guitar is very 'technical' and excellent for training at all levels. No excuses. It holds its tuning well. It might not be as good looking as some other guitars on stage. I do not like its tremolo. It is an excellent starter guitar which will keep you going for long unless you are into uber-distortion then one may opt for an H/H guitar. Otherwise there is nothing you can't squeeze out of it.