Pacifica 120S review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 120S

Purchased from: Used

This guitar is perfect for hard rock, no doubt about it. The bridge pickup is amazingly powerful (it's also raised a little for my taste), and it is the perfect guitar for palm-muting. Now, I had 2 problems with it. The neck (rythym) pickup is too bassy for the kind of music I play (its good if u play rolling stones style stuff), and the sounds wen the Switch is set in the middle is too simmilar to the bridge pickup, not giving much variation. But if you want a good lead guitar for hard rock, this is it.

It is the only electric guitar I own, and it serves me well, I don't think I will need another guitar (excep a Gibson Flying V, b/c they are so comfortable). I just wish there was a little more variation on it, but its good for what it does.

This guitar has been through a lot, I know the original owner, who used it as his main guitar for 2 years, and then the next owner who had it for about 6 months, and didn't use it much. There are a lot of scratches, and some marks in between the pickups. I would use a backup during a gig, but only beacuse this guitar is not good for trash/punk, or if I had no time to tune it on-stage. But if I had to use only 1 guitar, it would suit me well.

I bought the guitar used, so I had to take it to the shop, and they did a good job setting it up. For a banged-up guitar, it was good, and it plays just fine

- 22 frets - Telecaster body, with a Strat neck - 2 knobs, 1 master volume and 1 master tone - 3 way selector Switch - 2 humbuckers, both which are ceramics - Strig-thru body, with a bolt-on neck - Rosewood neck