Pacifica 604W review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 604W

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

Not so great in the crystal clear area but amazing in the distortion zone. I'm using it on a Hotroad Deluxe with a Vox bulldog and that's all I really need for gigging. With it 5-way switch and the splitting of the bridge pickup it gives you everything you might need. From dar deep to high gain pitching.

I play in a coverband. From Imbruglia to Sabbath and anything in between. This axe does the job. I play since, must be 1980. This is one to keep, no matter what, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've had several guitars (Ibanez/SUNN/Squier/Fender/) and only my Boneyard (Epi) can beat this one. I got rid of all the others, not all bad but not as convincing as these. When you find one, buy one, you won't regret it. I still have to thank the guy that gave me advise in the guitar store.

As I said, she never let me down and I'm quite confident she won't. The finish is as good as new even though I take her out at all the gigs. I admit to take very good care of my guitars, but this one gives the feel of being indistructable. She looks as good as on the day she became mine.

It came excellently set, low action great playability. The Wilckinson works without flaw or detuning. Push it, pull it, it just stays tuned. Even when I put the axe away for some days it just needs a litle tuning. The only downside was the push/push volumebutton, which splits the dubbel coil at the bridge. It began making a cracking noise after a year or two. I've had it replaced for a few bucks and no more problems!

It's made in Japan. Very nice red finish. Wilkinson bridge, Sperzel lockingtuners, 2 single coils and a splittable (push/push) dubble coil at the neck. I own her for over 6 years and she has never let me down. 5-way switch.

conisio
    Thank you very much for posting this review... after 2 years i finally found the exactly model of my guitar!!! finally! xD I also think the same of you, very nice clean sound, but im thinkin of changing the humbucker for a seymor duncan or an EMG, thank you!