Pacifica 604W Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 07/01/2006 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Yamaha: Pacifica 604W
This classy looking double-cutaway guitar combines a solid alder body, 22-fret bolt-on maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard, Sperzel locking tuners and the acclaimed Wilkinson VS-100 tremolo. This combination of quality woods and craftsmanship, in conjunction with top-of-the-line hardware, delivers a punch that can't be touched in its price class.
 5,838
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Pacifica 604W Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 01, 2006

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

Features: It's made in Japan. Very nice red finish. Wilkinson bridge, Sperzel lockingtuners, 2 single coils and a splittable (push/push) dubble coil at the neck. I own her for over 6 years and she has never let me down. 5-way switch. // 9

Sound: Not so great in the crystal clear area but amazing in the distortion zone. I'm using it on a Hotroad Deluxe with a Vox bulldog and that's all I really need for gigging. With it 5-way switch and the splitting of the bridge pickup it gives you everything you might need. From dar deep to high gain pitching. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It came excellently set, low action great playability. The Wilckinson works without flaw or detuning. Push it, pull it, it just stays tuned. Even when I put the axe away for some days it just needs a litle tuning. The only downside was the push/push volumebutton, which splits the dubbel coil at the bridge. It began making a cracking noise after a year or two. I've had it replaced for a few bucks and no more problems! // 9

Reliability & Durability: As I said, she never let me down and I'm quite confident she won't. The finish is as good as new even though I take her out at all the gigs. I admit to take very good care of my guitars, but this one gives the feel of being indistructable. She looks as good as on the day she became mine. // 9

Overall Impression: I play in a coverband. From Imbruglia to Sabbath and anything in between. This axe does the job. I play since, must be 1980. This is one to keep, no matter what, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've had several guitars (Ibanez/SUNN/Squier/Fender/) and only my Boneyard (Epi) can beat this one. I got rid of all the others, not all bad but not as convincing as these. When you find one, buy one, you won't regret it. I still have to thank the guy that gave me advise in the guitar store. // 10

Comments