Pacifica 812V review by Yamaha

Yamaha: Pacifica 812V

I play mostly punk rock and metal so I mostly use the humbucker and it has a great sound. I use it with Zoom G2.1 multiefect and Roland cube60 amp or Stinger STP200H. It sounds great on both amps and realy kicks ass with the multiefect. Its sound is great and you can play with realy hard distorsion and can stil hear every tone wery clearly. It's great for rock, metal, punk, rock'n'roll and ska. I suppose you could also play everything else but I didn't try it.

I like the guitar wery much. It's great. I play the guitar for 3years now and before I had Ibanez GRX40 starter pack and it sucks. But this one is absolutely great. If it would be stolen I would probably buy the same one or maybe I would buy an Epiphone Les Paul.

Guitar will definetly withstand live playing. I didn't play on a gig with this one yet but I think it will do just fine. The guitar is new, so I don't know how will it cope with age. I will have a backup guitar on a gig, but not becouse I wouldn't trust this one, but becouse I have a dropD tuning on that guitar.

My guitar was set up in the store in wich I bought it so I don't know how was the guitar set up. And as far as I know there are no flaws and for that price there shouldn't be any. The finish is great the knobs for the volume and tone are not loose the wood is great. All I had to do is ajust the neck.

I just bought a new Yamaha PAC812V wich is, I think, the best Pacifica series guitar. & you suck shit. All Yamaha guitars are made in Korea and so is this one. The guitars neck is maple and the fingerboard is rosewood. The body style is Stratocaster, is made from maple and alder and it has a beautiful translucent blue finish. It has one volume and one tone knob. The tone knob is also a button, beacouse it has one Seymour Duncan JB splitcoil humbucker pickup. Beside the humbucker there are two Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups. It has a 5-way selector and a locking Sperzel tuner. I didn't get any accesories, but I bought a hard Yamaha guitar case.

astrotrain77
    was impressed with the coil tap option too. Actually does sound like a single coil when tapped, which is pretty nice. Trouble is the tapped coil is much quieter than the full humbucker, and the neck pickup is quite underpowered. Aside from those small issues, very solid entry level guitar. For people wanting a cheap backup for a gig, or a recording tool, swap the pickups out. This is no "entry" level guitar. I think it cost around 800 dollars. Yamaha makes PRO guitars-even their pacifica 112s are awsome. You do not know what you're talking about.
    Zakk-H
    I have a old yamaha picifica that i love. i bought it in a pawn shop about 8 years ago. never had one problem with it! i have also bought new guitars that i have had nothing but problems with.. if mine were stolen i would feel lost inside..
    säheltäjä
    Good for funk, too. In case you like the touch, I do.
    Tomaz24
    I've played around with one of these a few times and I still can't make up my mind about them. The pickups are far too ranchy for my liking, the bridge tone is somewhat unsatisfying even when you've rolled off all that damn treble. I'm still considering this as a budget (I say budget...) backup, but it'd cost to replace the pickups and I'm not convinced how much of a difference that'll make, given the main materials.
    cashewchaching
    Shabalaba wrote: The body style is Stratocaster I disagree i think its more of a Superstrat shape
    either way, it's still a stratocaster knockoff. and that there is how ibanez has made all of it's money
    Rebus
    our school has one of these, its really bad. but it could just be the old amp we use it through.
    ldnovelo
    Caustic : Judging by the mention of the "button", which I assume means the push-pull coil-tap pot, this is the latest Pacifica Strat copy. Which means that it is actually a very good guitar. It STILL has the issue with the low E jumping out of the nut if you use heavy gauge strings and play really hard with a really thick pick, but for people who understand that you don't have to thrash the strings as hard as possible to get some noise out of your guitar, it's not an issue. I was impressed with the coil tap option too. Actually does sound like a single coil when tapped, which is pretty nice. Trouble is the tapped coil is much quieter than the full humbucker, and the neck pickup is quite underpowered. Aside from those small issues, very solid entry level guitar. For people wanting a cheap backup for a gig, or a recording tool, swap the pickups out. Nothing else will be needed. The bridge is very stable, a rarity on cheap guitars with vibrato bridges. On top of that, it's made out of proper wood, not the shoddy prefab rubbish that many budget instruments use. Doesn't sound like a Strat, doesn't feel like one, but a decent copy and better than Squier Strats.
    Sorry to correct you, but no need to swap pups.it has seymour duncans stock.
    Shabalaba
    The body style is Stratocaster
    I disagree i think its more of a Superstrat shape
    ibanez_rules_94
    Pumpkins4Life wrote: it's a really ugly guitar
    i mean i know everyone desrves an opinion but cmon it has a beutiful finish and shape and is also a very good guitar
    Caustic