RGS121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGS121

This guitar sat in a garage for half of it's lifetime, so I was told. Suprisingly, It sounded Brand New. Barely used. I play anywhere from Hard rock, classic rock, to electronica/techno. I use a Fender frontman 15 watt. The guitar sounds smooth. The single coil pickup alone gets a buzz when the gain is set to 10. But when paired with a humbucker, it sounds great. The sound is clear, not noisy, or sloppy.

This is a great match for Hard Rock and Electronica. I've been playing for 10 months. All I use is the Fender Frontman 15. that's all I have. Hehe. If it was stolen or lost, I'd like to get another. I don't have a lot of money at my disposale and this guitar is inexpensive, but great. I love the whole guitar in general. The only thing it really could have would be a locking nut. I'm content with the Standard Tremolo. Having a Floyd Rose would be too intimidating. Well, that's The Yamaha RGS-121. And I love it.

Definately reliable. I'm sure if I ever played Live and I had to pick between my Fender Squire Bullet and this Yamaha RGS 121, it's got to be the Yamaha. Harware seems well built. Strap Buttons haven't let me down. The finish seems very strong. I don't see the paint chipping anytime in the future.

Like I said, it was "used". So, how this guitar performed after buying is unknown. I mean, it's perfect now. Heh. All the cuts are aligned. Nothing is poorly cut. or misshapen. I recall no flaws for this. Paint job is good and wood is in great condition. Just the Single coil seletion makes a noise. But, I never use the single alone. Never had to. Tuning pegs are snug. Pickups are at the desired heighth.

First off, I want to get out there that I got this guitar for mowing a lawn. Yes, a Lawn. I test played it before I did said work. It has a great sound. It Consists of: 22 fret, rosewood fret board, Pretty Blue Paint Job, I'd say it's a Strat style, but nix the pick guard, A Humbucker in the neck position, Single coil in middle and a Humbucker in the bridge position, 5 way selector, Volume and Tone knobs, a Standard tremolo bridge, And it's a 6 string, of course. It was made in Indonesia, like many uitars. it's just a normal electric guitar. Nothing on it locks. Though I wish it did have a locking nut. All of the hardware is factory built.