RGS121 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGS121

Purchased from: ADawliah Riyadh

I run this guitar straight through a Roland Cube 15-x amp. It suits metal perfectly giving crunchy, distorted sounds when used with full gain and the Metal Stack setting on the amp using the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is good for blues and clean sounds. I am sure that its not the amp that makes it sound good because I played the guitar through a cheap Yamaha amp and it still sounded great. The pinch harmonics on this guitar are great and I was really surprised by the quality of sound it gives because it was cheap and still had the sound quality of any entry level instrument from ESP or Ibanez. Extremely satisfied with the sound.

I play metal and this well suits my style. I've only been playing for about a year and a half and this was my first guitar. If this guitar were stolen I'd definitely buy it again. I love the metallic red finish, the black nickel hardware and obviously the sound.

This guitar can withstand live playing without any problems and the hardware is very durable. Strap buttons are solid but I dropped the guitar once when the strap fell off (but that had more to do with my stupidity than the build quality). The finish is beautiful and is high quality too (I got the guitar in metallic red). Overall very good

The set up was OK but I had to set it up again when I bought it. The action was a bit high and the tremolo was giving me some problems but still I simple just adjusted the spring tension on the tremolo and it worked fine. Pickups are solid and don't move a lot. The knobs on this guitar were very stiff because they had a tightness adjuster on the side of them which is very useful. Not that many problems with the set up besides the ones specified above.

No idea when it was made. Made in Indonesia. 22 frets. Metallic red finish. Strat style body. Six stud tremolo bridge. Black nickel hardware. Passive pickups. 5 way selector switch. HSH pickup configuration. Sealed tuners. Nato body, Rosewood fingerboard and Maple neck. Came with free cable, allen keys, 5 picks a strap and an extra pack of strings.

Lash364
    SHREDDER_DUDE wrote: Cool guitar dude. I have the same one but in metallic red. I recommend this to anyone.
    Same here. I went to a guitar store to sell it -- about 5 months ago. and they said they'd give me 40 for it. This guitar is way worth more. its very versatile.