RGX121SJ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX121SJ

Purchased from: Hooters, St.Albans

On the bridge pick up, this guitar is one mother-bucker. rocks hard like a bi-utch. will happily rock with nu-metal, punk, heavy metal, more or less anything that involves distortion. on the neck pick up, on clean surprisingly good. and superb for soloing.

To me, this guitar and metal rock together. If you play bluegrass, stay away. It does kinda look like an Ibanez copy though, thats my biggie. Only without a floyd rose, which I believe you can buy an rgx with one on. The 1 thing i love is the action and the neck, it seems never to get dirty. And it looks like a burnt finish, which is awesome.

In my opinion, I would probably not take it on tour without back up. Admittedly, it does give the impression that you cant afford a decent guitar. The matt black finish looks awesome, except from when you play it close, you can see all the dust and scratches that noone else can.

I found on purchase of this guitar, the action is dam near perfect, and with light strings as standard, it makes soloing dam easy, and even with light strings the tuneing is really stable. i cycle to my guitar lesson 1 mile, and it never goes out of tune. Lovely jubbely!

22 Frets, 1 volume control, two tone, 5 way selector, Rosewood neck, Matt black finish, Strat type body, but a bit pointier, stop tailpiece, non-locking tuners, Medium good size frets, Comes with gig bag, tremelo arm.

eXZee
    I've got this guitar in Black. It's very, very secksy. Sounds EXCELLENT. Good review.