RGX121SJ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX121SJ

The only electric guitar I have ever owned, so I have nothing to compare it to. I generaly play anything from soft rock to heavy metal and it seems to do better towards the heavier end of the scale. I am running it through a Stagg GA 60 R amplifier. Not much humming, even on the single coil pickup. Also seems to do better at lead guitar then rhythm, but I use it for both (mostly lead). Otherwise, very good sound quality, especialy for the price.

All in all, I realy like this guitar and am very pleased with it's overall performance for it's price. There are a number of disadvantages but they are all outweighed by the advantages. I would recommend it to any beginner or intermediate player(on a buget), playing rock or metal.

Had a few problems: -Volume knob came loose, but I replaced it and it is no longer a problem. -Tends to become out of tune quite quickly with use of whammy bar. -Tone knob potentiometer came loose without my knowing and this resulted in the wires breaking off. The guitar then stoped working through an amp and I had to solder them back in place and then tighten it back in place. Now for some reason, if I ajust it to far, the connection cuts out again. It has also started coming loose again. The guitar has lots of dents, due to age, but only one tiny chip in the paintwork, to it's credit.

I don't know how well the guitar was set up at the factory, seeing as I got it second hand (at least). The input jack does tend to get quite loose, but this has never been a problem when playing live and can easyly be repaired, even when it comes off, with suitable tools.

Made in taiwan, not sure when. 22 frets, volume knob, 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil pickup with 5-way selection. Only one tone knob however but this is hardly an issue. Strat-style body.

Nikola.
    its great guitar for that price,my rating is about 9.0-9.1,it costs about 340$.
    Buttt
    I got a used one, but the problem is I don't find it's sustain enough, I use amplitube for amplification and effects! This could be a string problem but I changed them and still don't find the sustain to be enough
    Thu2016Ra
    It's really a good guitar!! I paid it for S$160 but nearly perfect condition.