RGX121Z review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX121Z

Purchased from: Al-Alamia

I play every thing from classical bach and mozart to death and trash metal and this guitar suits everything this guitar is great for tapping, bending, pinch harmonics, vibrato, sweep, solos, rythem playing, and even clean Acoustic music. for fast playing I recommend using the bridge pickup or the neck pickup, for clean music I recommend the middle pickup.

I think this guitar is a high grade instrument for an entry level guitar but not pleasing enough for a pro I've been playing for 2 and a half years and I own a Fender Strat and the Strat is a better guitar than this one. If this guitar got lost or stolen I wouldn't buy another one I'd buy something else.

as I said erlier the tuners doesn't seem to keep the tuning so if your going to play a live gig you have to tune your guitar every 15 muinuts. The hardware is made of chrome and is painted black so I guess it will last for a long time. I was dissapointed with the strap buttons which aren't very solid(when I play this guitar I always keep a little screwdriver in my pocket) I don't think the finish will last long if you bought the flat silver but if you bought either the black metallic or the red matallic I think it will last something between 5-10 years.

I have a Fender Squier Strat and I had to adjust the pickup height to suit rock music and fast solos but this guitar had great action and perfect pickup height, for some reason I didn't find it very comfortable so I don't think a professional guitarist should play it stock(if you wanna play a gig with it change the action and the pickup height)

Mine was made in 2008 it was made in indonesia it has 22 regular sized frets the construction is bolt-on the neck is maple and the fingerbord is rosewood with dots on the 3rd 5th 7th 9th 12th 15th 17th 19th and 21st frets it has a solid top with a very nice finish I bousht the flat silver finish which is a very nice color for an Electric Guitar the body style is Strat like but in a more agressive way. For the electronics and the bridge There are 1 volume and one tone and a 5 way selector, the bridge is a Vintage style bridge the pickups are 2 humbuckers and one single coil pickup the only down side is that the tuners doesnt't seem the keep the tuning so you'll have to tune the guitar every 15 minutes while playing

johnny.mata.716
    I brought this guitar cause im out of option but it make me very happy when someone (guitar enthusiast) told me that yamaha is very good guitars and for the electric guitars the pick up is very very good. i think this guitar is complete....
    DarkStranger
    Hi, I can assure you Yamaha instruments are of excellent quality. Can you please tell me what the 5 pick-up switch positions are?
    Pedram H
    Hi.I have a Yamaha RGX 121Z so i want to know how can i regulate my guitar.please inform me.thanks a lot.