RGX220DZ review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Yamaha: RGX220DZ

I play mainly Metallica and Dream Theater, and the tone is pretty rich for stuff like that. I live in India by the way, so you guys probably wont know what all equipment I'm using except for my Zoom 505 II. I have a Stranger Cube 20M Amp, which is perfect for the stuff I play. The biggest problem with the sound is the horrible feedback which I got. Luckily, I fixed it, and now it sounds shit good. It sounds brilliant live, on like monitors and PA systems and stuff. I loved the sound on stage. It was really rich and loud.

This guitar is perfect for guys who like to play heavy metal or progressive stuff. I've tested the thing for other effects, and it seems to play everything really well. The size, action and finish met my needs. The feedback didn't. The tremolo arm is a little hard to lift, but produces the right sound I need. I just wish the tremolo could be a little less tough to lift.

Its been 3 months now, and I've played it in one gig. Was just a beauty to play with. Like I said brilliant finish on the thing, and it looks really durable to me. Haven't dropped it yet so I'll post you guys back when it does fall. I had a backup just in case the strings snapped or anything happened to it. But actually didnt need one.

Action's perfect on this. Couldn't have asked for better. The pickups were very loosely fit, so had to get that tightened up. The bridge, and everything else was beautifully set up. The wood on the fret board is just amazing. I must say they did one hell of a job on the finish of the guitar. Like I said earlier, the tone pot was really loose. That caused a lot of feedback problems. Had to get that fixed up. The internal wiring was ok. Everything was neatly placed so you could see everything really well to check for loose wirings or whatever.

This is came straight from the factory, flew in a plane and came to my house. I have no clue how much it cost, 'cause someone bought it from Oman. Features: - Construction: bolt-on - Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm) - Fingerboard: rosewood - Radius: 13 3/4" (350mm) - Frets: 22 - Body: alder (solid) double cutaway - Vibrato System: ? Double locking tremolo ? Floyd rose licensed - Pickups: open humbucker - Pickup Switch: 3-position - Controls: master volume, master tone, 3-way selector - A strap, bag, 6 foot cable, instruction manual (for floyd-rose), and the L-shaped wrenches and stuff came along with it. The biggest problem was the loose tone pot, which caused like a lotta feedback trouble (believe that). The tuning stability of this thing is pretty rock solid thanks to the floyd rose. But the problem you'll face is the intonation, which goes haywire need to get that fixed.

danabis
    i had this guitar for about a year its really easy for playing but the sketchy floyd rose replica takes 4-5 springs to put in standard tuning and chips the paint when you move it, its too flooky.