RGX320FZ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX320FZ

Purchased from: Sherwood

I play all kinds of metal and it suits it perfectly. I use it through a Boss MT-2, Dime Crybaby From Hell, ISP Decimator and a Peavey Studio Pro 112. I use the amps distortion for the rhythm because it has a mean low sound and my Boss MT-2 for the leads. The stock pickups are exellent although I've switched them to Duncans for more of a metal sound. The stocks can give you a mean dark rhythm sound and an amazing lead sound. The only thing I wish more of it is to pickup harmonics better. It can sustain for days (like a Les Paul) but it has a thin neck (like an Ibanez). The set neck doesn't keep you from accessing the upper frets, you can actually get at them very well. The bridge pickup gives feedback when not being played even if you cover the strings, but nothing a noisegate can't do. I say this guitar has been made for Metal and Hard Rock, not for blues and classic rock at all.

Again, I play all kinds of metal and hard rock. It matches it perfectly. Although I've only been playing for a year and a half, I know what a good guitar is and this is one of them. I wish it had an original floyd rose and 24 frets, but it's all good, if I lost this guitar, I would definitely buy it again.

The input jack has come loose and I have to tighten it every so often. The hardware will last a lifetime, this guitar has been abused by me so much and it just has some minor dings and scratches. The strap buttons are solid but I got straplocks installed a couple months later. I would never use a guitar at a gig without a backup. The finish will last a long, long time.

The guitar was setup with a little high action for my taste, although I like extremely low action (4mm at the 12th). I use .11s to .49s and keep the tuning in standard D. It does not fret buzz, only when you strum/downstroke/upstroke really hard and I mean really hard. The pickup selector is a bit noisy while switching but otherwise it's perfect.

This baby has a cutaway mahogony body with a mahogony set neck. 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard, two passive Yamaha humbuckers, Tune-O-Matic bridge and it is stringthrough to give you maximum sustain. It has nonlocking Die-Cast tuners that stay in tune extremely well. 3-way pickup selector with one master volume and one master tone. It is H/H pickup configuration.

hourglass666
    I forgot to include this but I got the black version and I live in Canada, got it for $559.99 at my local guitar center (Sherwood).
    Vanilla_Gorilla
    youre pathetic you serve no purpose in writing reviews on this site go tell who gives a SH!T!!!!!