RGX320FZ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX320FZ

I play mostly rock, pop, metal, and jazz with this guitar and it sounds better than any other guitars on the market that cost three times as much. The guitar sounds perfect with my amp which is the Fender FM212DSP 100W Amp. So far, I've had no problems with this guitar. It plays clear and loud. Speaking of loud, this guitar's volume controls can make your 100W amp sound like 500W amps and yet the sound will still remain clear, the way you prefer.

Overall, this guitar was definitely worth it considering the price I paid for it was less than $200.00. If this guitar ever get stolen, broken, or lost, I will definitely buy another one. Though, it is unfortunate that this guitar is now discontinued. After my experience with this guitar and if something does happen to it, I will try my best to find the same guitar or get another guitar made by Yamaha. I compared this guitar to other guitars that were up to 3 times as much and nothing out there compared to the quality this guitar provided me with.

I've dropped this guitar so many times and hit it every so often on the wall and so far, no scratch or dents. The guitar remained perfectly in tune even when you accidentally hit the tuners. All I say is this guitar is solid and will and can handle any kind of abuses you let it deal with.

The action on this guitar was very low when I bought it. It does make a fret buzz on A1 but it only occurs when you're strumming real hard. Even though you hear the fret buzz on the guitar, you can hardly hear it on the amps thus it remains unnoticeable. The pickups were adjusted very well. There were no misalignments or any sort of flaws. The guitar does come with a pair of Yamaha's Humbuckers which sounds perfect.

I bought this guitar just about a week ago and after listening and playing the guitar consecutively, I fell in love with it. This Guitar was made on 2005 in USA. It has a Nato carved top body, a thin 25.5" set in maple neck, and a smooth 22 fret rosewood fingerboard. The guitar comes with two colors which are black and Pewter. I personally selected the black color as it looked the best with an outlined color on the edge of the body. Not only does the guitar come with a Tune-O-Matic, HH pickups, but it also has Die-Cast tuners which keeps in tune for a long period of time. When looking at the body of the guitar, you will think that it's not very well worth it especially noticing only two controls which are the tone and volume controls. But it's very well worth it. You don't need anything else other than these two controls and the 3-way toggle switch selectors. The guitar did not come with any other accessories but for it's price, it's a guitar that you will not regret getting.

Raakis
    I got this guitar and its my first i been playing 9months everyday. My every friend tells that: I love that sound .
    **Nero**
    umm wats the defrent between the 520fz and the 320fz?
    Metalhead1442c
    So I own both and the 320fz is heavier and sounds/feels like a LP. Its heavy good for hard rock the 520fz is lighter and "faster" its a smooth guitar and sounds great, closer to an esp or jackson feel than LP. Both sound great, the 520 has a little better quality pups, but I love my 320 and play that more (im in a metal band).
    elderchile
    i know that Yamaha makes solid guitars, but for this price, i highly doubt that this guitar is a 9.5.
    batiboy06
    **Nero** wrote: umm wats the defrent between the 520fz and the 320fz?
    520FZ has maple(flamed) top and a custom inlay in the 12th fret. the 320FZ has none.
    Inferrest
    i have this, it plays like a beast, but i play metal so the only snag is having no tremolo...