RGX420S review by Yamaha

Purchased from: TheMusicWarehouse.co.uk

I like to play AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Eagles, Nirvana, Beatles (my tastes are quite eclectic). I play through a Peavey Rage and have tried it through a friends Fender Hot Rod. I have a Jim Dunlop WAH, a DOD Fuzz, and a Rogue Chorus. I have not had a problem with noise, all the sounds are full. I find I can find the sound I'm looking for by tweaking the switches.

This guitar deserves a 10. For the price, I could not have found a better value, in fact, I doubt I could have found a better guitar for double the price.

This guitar is quite sturdy. Its been played hard, the tremolo has been mercilessly tortured, and its been bumped and dropped quite a few times -- but it has never been out of tune!! The electronics seem quite sturdy. I am not a gigging musician but I'd have to say you would never need a backup for this guitar.

I bought this guitar used. I had to lower the action and adjust the bridge. The bridge humbucker was quite loose also. For the price, not a lot of time was needed to adjust this baby. The neck is flawless, the fret work is very good and the neck is very easy to play fast. The controls are very solid, the 5 way and direct Switch are quite sturdy and the tone and volume are sturdy metal.

Not sure what year this guitar was made. It's got a 24 fret rosewood neck. Two passive humbuckers hooked up to a 5-way Switch and a direct Switch. I bought it used so I'll assume factory humbuckers. It has one tone and volume dials. It has a strat-ish body with double-locking tremolo system. It has everything I needed.