RGX420S review by Yamaha

Purchased from: westside music centre

This guitar is more suited to playing metal as it has a long neck which is good for soloing. I mostly play punk rock so it does suit me that well but it is still good. I play it straight into my Marshall MG100DFX and use the pedal and effects on it and it sounds good through it, although the pickups arnt that suited to my style of playing. On the heavy distortion on my amp the guitar has quite a lot of feedback and makes a fair bit of noise!

Overall, this guitar is good but it doesn't suit the type of music I play very well. It was my first guitar but I wouldn't have bought it if I had looked into it properly, it is better suited to someone who is an intermediate guitarist who plays metal or something similer. The good thing about it though is that is is well made and very reliable, a real work horse or a guitar.

This guitar is very reliable and has never let me down. I have played live with it a few times without a backup, the strap buttons are very solid and you can deffinetly depend on this guitar live. The finish is made to last and I have bashed it a few times but it hasn't chipped or anything.

This guitar was set up perfectly from the factory, no flaws at all. I have never had to adjust the pickups, they have been fine. I have no complaints about the function of this this guitar apart from the noisy pickups.

This guitar is pretty good. I don't know when it was made but I assume it was made in Japan! It has 24 jumbo frets and the neck is made from rosewood I think, the top is solid. I think the body is made from mable but I'm not sure, I had it a few years so I can't remember! It has a floyd rose bridge and it has a volume and tone control and a 5-way pickup selector. It also has a little swich on it which kinda makes it more loud and gritty. It has 2 humbucker pickups that are sraight from the factory. It has locking tuners and it came with a gig back and all the usual stuff like picks etc.

xhisor
    Been using the guitar for a few years now. Love it. I almost prefer it over my LP.
    Velibor
    With the right amp and right settings this guitar suits all styles. I own 420dz but as far as I know it's the same as 420s. It is quite wrong to say this is a metal guitar, because it can produce some very strat like funky/bluesy sounds.
    danskyx
    i own the RGX420S Drop 6 - had it for about six years now... the baritone one, but really, the neck is good, its kinda flat but really fast... the pick ups are good ... no problem with intonation and the floyd is really great.. using it for D tuning, heavier stuff.. i use the Cort EVL K-4 for E standard ones..