RGX520FZ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX520FZ

I am currently running it through a Crate GLX212, with a Boss Gt8 Pedal.I have to say it sounds amazing.I play mainly heavier sttuff although I'm in a punk band, this guitar plays both well and has amazing clean tones. It has a very rich sounds which is perfect for soloing. I have owned an Epiphone SG, a Bullet Squire and a Chaser Pro and this is by miles the best thing I have ever played. Even comparing it to my friends Strat it sounds better.

This guitar suits me in every way, I have been playing for 3 years and this is the nicest guitar I have ever played, at the same time I bought this I was being offered a Paul Reed Smith very cheaply and I chose this, that says something. If it were ever stolen I would definetly buy this again. Yamaha have really out done themselves. My favourite feature despite the kickass sound is the look, it is beautiful. The only thing I wish it had was more pearl inlay on the fret-board but the current design is awesome. This is one amazing guitar.

This guitar is very compact but it is solid, I believe it is very trustworthy, as of yet I havn't broken any strings. As I mentioned before I messed up my Strap bolts but that was my fault. I have only played one gig with it but I would definetly rely on it without a backup. The finish will not scratch I mainly play with a solid silver pick and it is still fine.

This guitar is a dream set up. The pick ups are well adjusted for maximum variety. The bridge is solid as are the strap bolts, although I managed to mess mine up while experimenting. This guitar comes in black or red, I have the red and it is beautiful, I don't think it is possible to scratch this thing because of the way it is finished. The neck is very fast which takes a bit of getting used too but it worth it, I have had this guitar for 3 months and without exageration my speed has doubled.

I actually bought this guitar in rands which was about 3500 which was very cheap(I know ome people)lol. This guitar has 22 frets and a fairlt small body which is perfect for stage performance, the neck especially. Before I played on a Epiphone SG Special which had a fat neck but it didn't take too long to get the hang of it. The Grover tuners on this guitar kick ass, they don't go out and they look rad with the guitar. It has an AES chrome bridge, 2 knobs, one volume and one tone so it is fairly simple, the pick-up select is also basic, it has three switches.

JMV12
    I own this guitar, and I love it. The sound is perfect, the neck is fast and easy to play, and the finish is amazing. The only complaint I have is that the volume knob is slightly messed up, but since I don't do a lot of volume swells or anything, it's not too big of a deal.