RGX620DZ review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGX620DZ

Purchased from: PMT music

Currently running through a Marshall MG15DFX Combo, and it sounds fantastic, even through a practice amp! The level of gain is astonishing and gives a thick, Trivium-esque sound, perfect for metal and thrash. However, it also plays blues, jazz and funk strangely well. It really has great variety sound wise, and the bridge pickup gives a fantastic sound. The floyd rose is the icing on the cake, perfectly fitted and easy to use.

For a mixed style of playing (mainly rock orientated) this guitar is perfect. If this guitar said Ibanez or Jackson on the headstock, it would be 900+, and is proof that you should never buy guitars based on the brand, but on the quality, which this guitar definitly has. If stolen, I would probably have to buy it again, its hard to live without playing it! I was considering a range of guitars as I was playing on a really 'beginner' guitar, and made the right choice. The floyd rose is truly superb. A cracking buy, definitly worth the price.

Although I have not yet played it live, I am certain this guitar would withstand any gig situation. I have knocked it over several times, to no negative effect on the guitars structure, sound or playability. I would play it live without a backup (although quite an unwise move normally) as this guitar is structually sound.

The action is perfect for me and everyone Who has played my guitar. The pickups were fitted perfectly and there were no visible flaws on the finish whatsoever. The only tiny problem is the size of the upper frets (19 and onwards) which is quite small. Takes getting used to, but is definitly worth it for a guitar like this.

This 2005, Japan made guitar has 24 frets, mahogany neck and body, a floyd rose with locking nut and 3 way selector, all on a metally super-Strat body. Came with Yamaha hard case. The neck quality is amazing, and makes fast playing seem so much easier. The charcoal grey/green finish looks astonishing and of a really high quality.

Bryce-433
    (No CRAP gigging w/o a backup is unwise, lol)Puts my friend's Interceptor 2 to shame!
    l3xbi
    getting this ordered later tonight, along with a peavey valveking 212 woop!
    woodworth
    I Have The rgx-520-dz i payed 150 for it...and in all honesty it outplays my friends 899 Ibanez...Unbelievable value...all i think my guitar needs are some seymour duncans...and it'll be pro-standard =P And the no-allen-key-needed tremolo's are immense aswell!