RGXA2 review by Yamaha

Yamaha: RGXA2

Purchased from: GuitarCenter

I think this guitars perfect for blues/metal/rock guitarists. I'm a blues gutiarist, and I think the sounds 100% perfect for me. The tones so clean, it's not even funny. Theres not a spec of noise, and its gotta rich tone to it.

As I said earlier, I play mostly blues. The sound's perfect for that kinda stuff, it's gotta really sharp tone. I fell in love with it the first time I've played it. The only thing I'm upset about is how it doesn't have any markets, but no big deal at all. I'd love to see a whammy bar on this thing but oh well, you know? Really though, thiss' most likely the best guitar I've ever seen in my life, I recommend it to everyone. Trust me, you won't regret it if you ever got it.

I think thiss perfect for gigs and stuff. The hardware'll last, I'm sure of it. Of course I'd still have backup just incase, but I have alot of trust in this. The strap buttons are perfect my strap stayed on it for months without falling off or anything at all, they're perfect.

Well, when I purchsed this, the whole thing was screwed up and for some reason I didn't notice it at the store. The action needed to be lowered, alot. There was so much buzzing you couldn't hear a thing (the first fret was the worst). It needed to be filed and sanded too. But now it's perfect, the actions great, so a 7s good.

This awesome axe was made in Japan in 2006 by Yamaha. It has 22-frets on a rosewood fretboard, and a bolt-on maple neck. The white/aircraft-grey Strat-styled body is made of, hah, A.I.R. (Alternative Internal Resonance). It comes with 2 Yamaha Alcino soapbar humbuckers, with LED lit cylindrical die-cast knobs (left one is the volume and right is a 3-way selector knob). The volume knobs lit when you change the position on the selector knob (green=neck, blue=bridge, and green+blue=both). It also has lightweight barrel tuners that provide low-geared Precision tuning.

RadioMuse
    I was impressed by this yes. Though I don't like how light it is. I realize that the lack of weight should be a positive but I feel like I'm going to break it in half... Maybe the fact that my Tele and immitation-strat both weigh about 10 pounds has something to do with it.
    CryoCarnage
    the lines are remeniscent of 80's guitars. they look cool and do nothing.i dont think every vidual feature has to do something, do you? i just bought this and im impressed as hell. only minus is no whammy bar, but thats what a pedal is for...
    hippieking24
    i've never played a yamaha guitar before because i didn't think they would compare to jackson and fender guitars. but i've played this and its fairly decent
    chriskent4687
    i dont really understand the lines that come from the side and bottom of the guitar. can anyone tell me wot there for? -chris-