AG-15 Review

manufacturer: Acoustic date: 08/20/2013 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Acoustic: AG-15
Acoustic AG-15 amp solid state 8 inch two way style speaker one channel + chorus.
 8.9
 8.8
 2,662
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
AG-15 Reviewed by: mod59dc, on august 20, 2013

Purchased from: second hand

Features: Acoustic AG-15 amp solid state 8 inch two way style speaker one channel + Chorus. Slant cabinet monitor style. Features Volume, High, Mid, Low & Chorus, also features MP3 (which overrides amp controls when used as a between sets DJ or play along with the MP3) & headphone jack 1/8. Weight 32 lbs. Lots of features for what I paid. The headphone out is great for me as I like to play first thing in the morning(over a cup of tea)and of course late at night(over a glass of beer!). Mp3 feature is also nice to play along with or use as a stereo (sounds really good). // 9

Sound: Was immediately able to dial in some great sounds with the Fender CD60CE. Both straight up & Chorus effect were strong. The Eq. section works better than most. As for the Johnson JG-50 it too had a nice hybrid electric/acoustic sound although the guitar itself needs a string change. For my taste is should fill the need for acoustic power. The MP3 section(which is controlled by the device)sounded really strong with a Phillips player, very crisp and clear. The headphone jack is a nice feature for silent play with the Johnson JG-50 late at night (or early in the morning). // 9

Reliability & Durability: Purchased from a gent who plugged it in a total of two times. Came in the original box with all the paperwork & packing (nice!). Seems to be well built, time will tell. I'm not too rough on gear so I don't see a problem. Would I gig it without a back-up? Sure; It looks & sounds as if it could handle it's own; in an acoustic set-up that is. Don't get out much to play but that may change; now that I have some gear again, I hope! Never had to deal with Acoustic but they've been around for a long time so I feel confident. // 8

Overall Impression: So far so good; for my needs as a home player 15 watts is perfect. The two guitars that need acoustic power seem to play fine through it. The Fender CD60CE sounds wonderful and the Johnson JG-50 has a nice hybrid electric sound to it so I'm happy. Reverb would have been nice but from what I hear it takes to pedals well. If lost or stolen? Yea I'd do it again, I really like the whole package of monitor style slant cab, two way speaker and built in Chorus. For the price I paid it was a no-brainer! // 9

More Acoustic reviews rating category latest review
+ AG30 9.7 Guitar Amplifiers 05/25/2012