AG-15 review by Acoustic

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Acoustic: AG-15

Purchased from: second hand

Was immediately able to dial in some great sounds with the Fender CD60CE. Both straight up & Chorus effect were strong. The Eq. section works better than most. As for the Johnson JG-50 it too had a nice hybrid electric/acoustic sound although the guitar itself needs a string change. For my taste is should fill the need for acoustic power. The MP3 section(which is controlled by the device)sounded really strong with a Phillips player, very crisp and clear. The headphone jack is a nice feature for silent play with the Johnson JG-50 late at night (or early in the morning).

So far so good; for my needs as a home player 15 watts is perfect. The two guitars that need acoustic power seem to play fine through it. The Fender CD60CE sounds wonderful and the Johnson JG-50 has a nice hybrid electric sound to it so I'm happy. Reverb would have been nice but from what I hear it takes to pedals well. If lost or stolen? Yea I'd do it again, I really like the whole package of monitor style slant cab, two way speaker and built in Chorus. For the price I paid it was a no-brainer!

Purchased from a gent who plugged it in a total of two times. Came in the original box with all the paperwork & packing (nice!). Seems to be well built, time will tell. I'm not too rough on gear so I don't see a problem. Would I gig it without a back-up? Sure; It looks & sounds as if it could handle it's own; in an acoustic set-up that is. Don't get out much to play but that may change; now that I have some gear again, I hope! Never had to deal with Acoustic but they've been around for a long time so I feel confident.

Acoustic AG-15 amp solid state 8 inch two way style speaker one channel + Chorus. Slant cabinet monitor style. Features Volume, High, Mid, Low & Chorus, also features MP3 (which overrides amp controls when used as a between sets DJ or play along with the MP3) & headphone jack 1/8. Weight 32 lbs. Lots of features for what I paid. The headphone out is great for me as I like to play first thing in the morning(over a cup of tea)and of course late at night(over a glass of beer!). Mp3 feature is also nice to play along with or use as a stereo (sounds really good).