Wildfire 60 review by Alesis

Alesis: Wildfire 60

Purchased from: www.zzsounds.com

I use a Yammaha EG112C guitar which I love, it has 5-way switch for either the humbucker, or the single coil. It does fine for rock music I've never really tried much else with it. My biggest problem is it has no gain knob. So if you are trying just to use the onboard effects and you play rock music, that could present a problem. You get a lotta feedback on a lotta of the onboard effects settings, so I just turn them off. It is good for an intermediate guitar player and it should give a beginner-intermediate guitar player plenty of versitality. If you preform alot or are pro, it could be just fine to keep with you to practice on so you dont have to haul around huge stacks. It sounds fine at all noise levels. If you know how to make the effects work there is a great drive knob that gives you really good control over the distortion.

I'm pretty happy with it. I might get a Line 6 or a Marshall if I could afford it if this one was broke beoynd repair of stolen, but I'm not unhappy with this at all. I love that it gives a great sound. I hate the onboard effects. My favorite is deffanatly the drive knob 'cause you can get really good control with it. I compared it to a Marshall of the same size. Mainly choose this becuase of $$. I wish the effects were better.

I would use it on stage. Sometimes it does really weird stuff if it isn't warmed up, every time you touch a string, it sounds like fireworks goin off inside the amp (turnin it off and turning it back on, sumtimes twice will fix this). Hasn't broke on me yet.

Not sure when it was made. It is pretty versitile, the onboard effects are kinda sucky, but I haven't really played around with them much so I just use my pedal and turn the effects off. If you buy the $50 dollar pedal you can switch channels with it. It has some onboard effects but I get a lotta feed back with mine (maybe it's just my amp) I use it at home mostely. If you wanted to use it on stage, it would be fine but only loud enough for you to hear, if there is no house system, probaly not stage material. In the back it does have two outputs for Alesis stacks but I have never yoused them. It's a solid state amp. And it has a headphone jack.

twistedmaggot
    the drive knob is the same thing as gain, just another name for it, if im not mistaken =] ive got this amp too, it's quite good especially for the price (100) i'm undecided on whetehr to buy some pedals instead of the effects onboard mainly the distortion and wha as they're pretty sucky.
    High_o
    A marshall MG is not an investment get a vox valvestate or a cube instead
    mohawkkidJohn
    alesis had this amp out before as the "Spitfire 60" i bought it then but its an awesome warmup/practice amp.