R-212R review by Ampeg

Ampeg: R-212R

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

I use a Parker PM-20 out of this amp and I have found this amp to be incredibly versatile. The overdrive is very crunchy and good for the Vintage garage-rock sound to classic rock. Also it can handle a wide variety pedals. I am very happy with the tones I have achieved out of this amp. No cleans can compare to the cleans that I have achieved with this amp. Every other amp I have ever tried has not come close. I do recommend this amp to jazz and blues guitarists and also Indie artists looking for a good clean tone. Mainly, I play a variety of music (mathcore/metalcore/screamo/metal) and the occasional classic rock. If you are looking for a heavy sounding amp then I do not recommend this one. Without pedals, you can not achieve a heavy sound. Although it is a loud powerhouse and can deliver powerful cleans and when a pedal is in use it will make it Shine.

If this amp were to break down or get stolen from me, I would most definitely go out of my way to get another one. I plan to keep this amp in my collection as long as I play guitar. My favorite feature of this amp would have to be the clean tones it produces and the excellent reverb. It has wheels for easy transportation also which is a nice benefit. If you ever purchase one, I'm sure you will be pleased.

It has lasted me for four years without problem. I has been in use heavily since I purchased it, and it has been transported to different venues for shows and practices without issue. I highly recommend any product by Ampeg seeing how I have yet to encounter a problem. I would also recommend this for a gig especially smaller venues such as coffee houses and such. It can definitely manage larger shows too though.

The Ampeg R212R Reverberocket Amp is an amp that both jazz and blues guitarists would enjoy thoroughly. The Ampeg R212R amp is a remake of its predecessor from the 60's, and it offers a phenomenal replica of that classic tube tone. It provides 50W of Class AB power, has 2 Ampeg Vintage 12" speakers, 2 Groove Tube 6L6s and 3 - 12AX7s(for wonderful tone), 2-channel operation, and reverb. The reverb on this amp is fantastic and can be activated by a foot pedal that controls reverb and overdrive. There are three knobs for bass, mid, and treble tone controls. Also has line out/line in connections. Ampeg's R212R Reverberocket Amp is 25"W x 19"H x 11"D and weighs 55 lbs. Features: * Clean, fat, round tube tone (great for blues and jazz) * Diamond blue Vintage covering (stylish and classic) * 50W of Class AB power (plenty of power) * Two Ampeg Vintage 12" speakers * Two Groove Tube 6L6s and three 12AX7s (great sounding tubes) * Two-channel operation (overdrive and reverb) * Bass, mid, and treble tone controls (easy to find your tone) * Reverb * Line out/line in connections

Stormymonday
    I own several amps..IE..Fender Vibrolux,Crate Vintage Club VC5212B,Vox 30..but my old Ampeg Reverberocket R212R is my favorite of them all! I don't understand why it was discontinued..solid state vrs tube..I'd take the tube! Had it for 20 plus years and put it through hell..built like a tank! Get your hands on one!