VH-140C review by Ampeg

A Custom B.C. Rich Warlock with an EMG 85 in the bridge. It helps me get a more crunchier sound out of the amp. It is death metal style. Not really, gain - 10, low/bass - 4, mid - 3, high/treble - 8.5, level - 3.5, a basement and a bar enviroment. It can make a insanely brutal death metal sound, and can make the clearest clean sound ever. A lot of Varieties I didn't mention. Yes, I don't know cause I hardly ever mess with those settings. Very brutal distortion kinda like old Suffocation, and Dying Fetus sounding distortion.

I play death metal, thrash metal, punk, hardcore. Definitely a good match. I have been playing for 3 years. I own a Ibanez RG series 7-string, a Custom Jackson Rhoads V, and a Randall RH200, I got in a trade from Mark K. of Misery Index, I traded a SS - 150, and it sucked. Not really no questions best amp I've ever had. I probavly would get a Triple rectifier, cause VH-140C's are rare in mint condition. I love everything about it. Nothing to hate here. The distortion. Nope, I didn't compare it to anything else. Not really.

Yes, I can depend on it. Yes, I would use it with out a backup. Nope.

The amp was made in 1993. Definitely the channel A distortion has a killer sound like old Suffocation style sound and Dying Fetus Sound, and the clean channel is great. I play death metal, thrash metal, punk, hardcore. It has 2 channels A & B, A is for the heavy distortion sound, and B is for the clean stuff. It came with a footswitch to change channels and turn the chorus on/off. Yes it has an effects loop. No it doesn't have a headphone jack. A master volume and 2 gain knobs and a gain selector for 2 different gains a fuzzy gain and a metal gain. Cause the master volume would help reduce the level of volume for both channels. I never use the chorus and the reverb. At home, band practice and live at clubs. Yes it has enough if not more power, I have never turn it up past 3 because it gets to loud after 3. It is a solid state amp.

MaggaraMarine
    Don't just answer the questions directly!! We don't see the questions here.
    supertom1
    It's so irritating how this amp is super rare! I really like the sound of it from what I've heard on Suffocation and Gorguts albums that used it
    supertom1
    Would the Marshall Valvestate do the Suufocation/Dying Fetus sound as well as this amp? 'Coz the Valvestate's quite often listed on eBay yet this rarely pops up
    gottwaldster
    this was the first stage amp that tom delonge used in blink 182. it was his primary head from 1993 thru mid-1996.
    Thundercnt
    Dude, I am afraid to put that amp's gain on 10. It's earth-shaking at 5-6.
    Riff Crusher
    I actually blew one of these amps up with the gain on 10 with an EQ pedal in the chain. That was a day I shall never forget!Not only did the head shoot it's wad, I had a speaker fry in the process. I believe the capacitor went sending direct current to my speaker...something like that. Anyway, when the amp popped, and a plum of smoke came out of my speaker grill that = BAD DAY!