BlueTongue 50 review by Ashton

Ashton: BlueTongue 50

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: drummers heaven

Using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with active Seymour Duncan picks, modded nut and tuners. Suits my style (stoner, heavy rock) to a tee. The bottom end is fkn amazing. Yeah it is bloody loud I have only had it to halfway before your ears start ringing. Clean channel is clear as even loud though I get some crackling ewvery now and then but I think one of my leads is fked. The distortin channel is more a fuzzing type of sound then a metal.

I play Stoner rock so yeah you need the pedals which it handles easy. Get a equalizer pedal to double the bottom end..it kicks ass. I have been playing on and off for 15 years. I would buy it agin if it was stolen. How you could lose it I dunno you'd be a dumb ass. I love the bottom end sound and the price for a tube amp was amazing. In other words go and try one you will buy it for sure at this price range it should hold its price for good. A VERY good ivestment.

This is a solid and heavy amp and would suit the riggers of gigs. It could handle a gig in a small room without a PA. Medium room would need to be micd up. Pending on what your bass player plays through and what syle of music. If your bass player is playing through a big f--k off quad you will be left floudering not micd up. I haven't played live with it but I believe it could absolutely be loud enough for pretty big rooms(say 300 people)size. With a good PA. I also reckon it would be a gem to record with as the bottom end is fantastic. No it hasn't broken down and I've had it for 4 months.

Do you know what year the amp was made in? 2010. Very versatile amp. Very loud clean. The distortion channel is pretty average but I use a MXR eq, a bigmuff, Boss metalcore and a fuzzface. As I said the filth channel wont have you pumping out Marshall tones. Has effects but you need the pedal..around $140. No headphone jack only a hi and low input. Has enough features for my liking, a very tough and nice looking valve/tube amp. I use this amp to practice at home, pretty small room, a very good practice amp.