GA10 review by Ashton

Ashton: GA10

Purchased from: Totally Music

I use a guitar with 1 humbucker and 2 single-coils with this amp. It performs best with the humbucker selected and with the guitar volume right up. It is well suited to my style of punk, but as I stated earlier, it is good for any style. Although it is only 10 watts, this amp gets pretty loud in confined spaces and has been subject to more noise complaints than I can count on to hands. The amp can make a variety of sounds. It is at it best with the distortion up, or right down with a clean sound. In between is a bit of a disapointment.

OK, I admit it. I bought this amp because it was the cheapest one I could find. But am I disapointed? No. It is perfect for beginners like me (I've been playing for 4 months), and it works fine with my Ashton Ag131 guitar. If my amp was stolen, I wouldn't buy it again, but I certainly would make sure it was covered in my insurance so I wouldn't have to. What do I hate? the lack of reverb. What do I love? The budget price. So to all the beginners out there seeking a new amp, buy this one.

This amp is very reliable, it hasn't let me down once. I definatley wouldn't use it at a big gig full stop, because of its small size. But at a small gig, say at a small get together, I would have no fear about the amp breaking down.

Ashton GA10 guitar amplifier. That 10 in the name says it all. That right 10 watts. Saying that, this is still a great practice amp. I use it in my bedroom and it's got plenty of power to fullfil these duties. Although I play mostly punk music, this little beauty has enough to keep players of other genres such as classic rock, pop, metal and country happy. The most disapointing thing about the amp is its absence of reverb, but hey, you get what you pay for. The single channel is fine for me as channel switching is not something I would indulge in anyway. Another disapointment is the feedback. It has a large amount of feedback for such a small amp but it is bearable. Other features include headphone jack, and storage room in the back (for picks, strap, whammy bar, etc).