GA10 review by Ashton

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Ashton: GA10

Purchased from: Beggs Music Store (NZ)

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul 100 (Check out my review) on it which sounds ok, and it suits my style well. the high distortion setting sounds quite good and the clean setting is okay but in between is pretty average. I thought the distortion was good but then I added a DigiTech Grunge pedal and the difference is insane!

Been playing 4-5 years and I also own an Epiphone LP100 and a DigiTech Grunge pedal (hoping to get some sick wah soon) this amp came in a starter pack with a crappy Ashton guitar (which I sold to buy the LP100) If it were stolen, I wouldn't care because my parents have bought me a new amp which they're gonna give to me after exams.

I would probably use it in a small gig (e.g. like a solo blues gig in a little cafe or something) but never in a band gig because it's just too small to compete with the drummer's noise (mind you my rhythm guitarist only has a 15 watt Mini Cube). The wire in the back snapped because I was trying to fix a loose connection (actually I was trying to break it on purpose so my parents would buy me a bigger one).

This is an okay amp for beginners but I've been playing 4-5 years now and it's only a 0 Watt and doesn't even have channels just a gain and volume knob with tone settings. It's okay for the style I play (hard rock/blues rock). I wish it had reverb and a seperate channel. I just use this amp for practice and I'm replacing it soon with a 120watt Crate amp. It doesn't really have enough power and I've never used it in a gig.

johnmalkin
    If it were stolen, I wouldn't care because my parents have bought me a new amp
    You're a spoilt little bastard, aren't you?
    Wow, you really know the value of something. How about instead of breaking something deliberately, you sell it to another beginner and give them a chance, then work for a new one? Good luck with your life.